Psyche
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Soul, Many Journeys

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Scorpio: Looking On the Dark Side, Too

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Solane Star
Co-Conscious with Oneness
Co-Conscious with Oneness

Scorpio: Looking On the Dark Side, Too Empty
PostSubject: Scorpio: Looking On the Dark Side, Too   Scorpio: Looking On the Dark Side, Too Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 1:39 am

Molly Hall About.com
Sunday October 24, 2010

The Sun is now in Scorpio, and that makes four (with Mercury, Venus and Mars) in a sign that doesn't mess around. It's a stellium of determination and emotional courage. And we can all use that, right?!

With Scorpio cajones and ovaries (since it rules sex organs), we find a way through a difficult situation, and can become stronger from the ordeal. Over the years, I've counted on Scorpio friends to "tell it like it is," with a warts and all realistic view. Yeah, sometimes it's intimidating. Scorpio stares directly into the totality of a situation, honing in on what others shy away from. This is a point of power, since seeing what's wrong is half the battle.

With this Pluto-ruled sign, the dark is as vital as the light, and both are the raw material for change. Yesterday, I was thinking about Pluto and its call to surrender to the mystery of change. I thought of the Law of Attraction, and how Pluto in our lives reminds us that some things are beyond our control. Getting what we want might not be the best thing -- maybe experiencing loss or closed doors is what our soul needs to find its compass again.

Serendipitously, today UK astrologer Dharmaruci of Astrotabletalk posted this animated talk by Barbara Ehrenreich on the dark side of what she calls mandatory optimism. Link: http://astrotabletalk.blogspot.com/2010/10/dark-side-of-positive-thinking.html

The video is called Smile or Die and it goes along with a book called, Bright-Sided: How the Relentless Promotion of Positive Thinking Has Undermined America. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5um8QWWRvo& She skewers LOA as naive and harmful, since it fosters denial. And she makes connections to how relentlessly positive thinking ballooned the economy beyond all reason.

The sunny outlook that seems so "in our faces" becomes macabre when it doesn't fit what's happening around us. Ehrenreich writes, "My very radical suggestion is realism, to find out what's happening in the world and decide what we can do about those parts that are threatening or hurtful."

Scorpiocity is our ally now, to see what's hurting or threatening us, or keeping us from moving forward. Sometimes the end of denial is a relief -- it's hard on the heart to put on a happy face when your life is falling apart. Sometimes it's two steps back, before we can move forward. But it's the beginning of something real, and solid enough to rebuild our lives on.

Link:
http://astrology.about.com/b/2010/10/24/scorpio-looking-on-the-dark-side-too.htm?nl=1

Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

PostSubject: Re: Scorpio: Looking On the Dark Side, Too   Scorpio: Looking On the Dark Side, Too Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 12:28 am

Getting what we want might not be the best thing -- maybe experiencing loss or closed doors is what our soul needs to find its compass again.

dead horse That is the very thing I have been meditating on this week. Loss is not always a bad thing. In many ways it is a cleansing experience because new energy can enter our lives to take us in different directions and expand our experiences and expression of who we are. Sometimes we reach a point in our lives where we reassess how things are going and think about what we want or need as opposed to what we have or don't have. Midlife crisis is a perfect example of this (being 41 I am going through this very situation at the moment). Instead of doing this ridiculous mental tango around wants and needs, I have decided to simply 'be' and allow my energy to show me where I am at and where I am going. This has attracted guidance like nobody's business from all directions. I threw out two thirds of my clothing because I was able to be honest about what I would wear and what was simply held onto as remnants of my past. New work has opened up for me in the form of the animal rescue team and fostering homeless animals. My outlook on relationships has changed. And here is a big one - I know Nuelma will fully get this - I stopped dyeing my hair. I have inch long roots that are brown and grey and I don't feel the least bit embarrassed because I am proud to have lived my life and aged normally. I can feel comfortable in my skin knowing that my body is 41 years old.

This is the point I am rebuilding my life from - the point of authenticity. I think it should be acknowledged as the Universal Law of Getting Real high5
Back to top Go down
http://lightwarriors.heavenforum.com/

PostSubject: Re: Scorpio: Looking On the Dark Side, Too   Scorpio: Looking On the Dark Side, Too Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 6:09 am

Wow Kat! I definately get it (stopping the hair dying). Good on you love. It all sounds wonderful. woohoo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scorpio: Looking On the Dark Side, Too   Scorpio: Looking On the Dark Side, Too Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1