Psyche
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Soul, Many Journeys

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WHAT IS 'SPIRITUALITY'?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

WHAT IS 'SPIRITUALITY'? Empty
PostSubject: WHAT IS 'SPIRITUALITY'?   WHAT IS 'SPIRITUALITY'? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 3:54 am

I have been prompted to ask a question.
My question may inspire curiosity, contemplation, offence, ridicule or guidance.

What is spirituality?

Psyche, being a spiritual website community, as far as I can ascertain, is a place where we gather to share ideas, pass on individual perspectives, post ideals and views of others' that we find meaningful, give of our own energies, a place in which we pool and gain knowledge.

I pose my question again.

What is spirituality?
What is spirituality to YOU personally?

For eons, we humans have been gathering on this planet of ours, devoid of our true memory of origin. Some would say they have 'tapped' into the great divine and have the answers.

For eons, we humans have been giving these answers - each providing answers pertaining to our time.

One thing that is as sure as change is that humans have carried with them, throughout all time and incarnation on this planet, the seed of fear, insecurity and the desire to know what life on Earth is all about.

I will give in this thread my personal answer to my question.

Spirituality is a search for meaning and a sense of relief from insecurity in either the finding of meaning or the pseudo finding of such.

Once you find meaning, pseudo or otherwise, are you still spiritual?

Which came first? The chicken or the egg?

gh

Share your views here. :rendeer:

Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

WHAT IS 'SPIRITUALITY'? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS 'SPIRITUALITY'?   WHAT IS 'SPIRITUALITY'? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 8:24 pm

What is spirituality?

It is each individual's resonance with all that there is and their expression of that relationship - that's the closest I can put it into words anyway. It can also be a group expression or a family expression - for the concept is not entirely immutable and in your terms the closest expression to describing it is cross-dimensional or occupying more than one space or time. Spirituality is not bound by earth laws and traverses many of the boundaries and restrictions that you have placed upon yourselves....

WHOA! Shocked Now that first part was me, but that last part came via channelling...guess that's what happens when I ask for help to understand hi This is typical of what has been happening for me lately.

What is spirituality to YOU personally?

*looks around to make sure she is not about channel again before giving HER OWN answer* lol...

Spirituality to me is the connection of our core essence with the mind, and body we inhabit, and the choices we make to express that core essence, which of course is in turn our expression of all that is. Basically, it is our creation in the material world as well as our relationship with the non-physical and includes but is not wholly, our awareness of such.

Although I have to also mention that this is not confined to linear time and space because we are also expressing that core essence in past and future lives and alternate dimensions, etc. And it is also expressed through relationships and environments and interactions and affiliations and even through non-attachment.

Wow. I think I will stop there because I could probably write a whole book on my thoughts about spirituality.
Back to top Go down
http://lightwarriors.heavenforum.com/

WHAT IS 'SPIRITUALITY'?
Page 1 of 1