Psyche
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Soul, Many Journeys

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stand For Something Rather Than Against

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Solane Star
Co-Conscious with Oneness
Co-Conscious with Oneness

Stand For Something Rather Than Against  Empty
PostSubject: Stand For Something Rather Than Against    Stand For Something Rather Than Against  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 1:31 am

Soul Sign

Soul always stands for something universally beneficial and personally respectful and tolerant.

Reflection

When you encounter people or situations where you have huge differences of values, ideas and behaviour, do you have the right to oppose them? Of course you might oppose, but must not lose compassion for the people you oppose. To have compassion it is helpful to understand them and why they do or believe what they do.

And whenever possible it is far more effective to stand for something you value than to oppose something you do not value. If you can stand for something that is intelligent, beneficial, empowering and loving then you are setting an example, you are educating and inviting others to participate in what you stand for. Your responsibility is then to really know what you are standing for and living it.

What are the values you stand for and that you support?

By Soul Journey
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stand For Something Rather Than Against    Stand For Something Rather Than Against  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 5:19 pm

Sounds like excellent advice, Solane. I wish I could take it. I'm wired the other way around -- I want to clear the negative away (like a sculptor chiseling from a block of wood) until only the positive remains.

Last edited by RogueGuru on Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Capitalization error)
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

PostSubject: Re: Stand For Something Rather Than Against    Stand For Something Rather Than Against  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 8:48 am

There's a value to everything. It may be subjective, but it is there. I think this is another angle of the fight attracts fight/ peace attracts peace school of thought. This angle appears to be person based. I was just thinking about someone whose views differ greatly from mine and I was able to separate their behaviours and beliefs from the person themselves. By doing this I can still love and accept them without having what I don't agree with affect that relationship.

I don't know where I stand on fighting or standing for your own values right now. Live and let live seems to be the closest I can come to a position. If you feel driven to have a reaction then I guess it is part of your journey. I am kind of burnt out because of the endless paradoxes and ironies.
Back to top Go down
http://lightwarriors.heavenforum.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stand For Something Rather Than Against    Stand For Something Rather Than Against  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Psyche :: Spirituality :: Inspiration: Spirit in Action-
Jump to: