Psyche
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Soul, Many Journeys

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Twelve Tips for When the Sun is in Taurus

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Solane Star
Co-Conscious with Oneness

Twelve Tips for When the Sun is in Taurus Empty
PostSubject: Twelve Tips for When the Sun is in Taurus   Twelve Tips for When the Sun is in Taurus Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 2:15 am

Molly Hall, About.com

Twelve Tips for When the Sun is in Taurus Flowershair

Time for earthing, slow food, blooming where planted and sensual pleasure. Sun is in Taurus from April 20th to May 21st.

Twelve Tips for When the Sun is in Taurus Stretching

Tom Grill/Getty Images

.One of my yoga teachers tells us to stretch and make it yummy. Strive to take breaks for delicious release of tension during the day. Watch a cat for inspiration.

Taurus rules the neck, throat and cervical spine keeping the head up all day. For those of us sitting in front of computers, Stephanie Gailing of Planetary Apothecary says make sure your monitor is at eye level, to keep the neck in a neutral position. She writes, "Doing gentle neck rolls and giving yourself frequent five-minute massages can help prevent neck cricks and discomfort."

Stretching gives the body a break, and keeps you from becoming stiff and achey. Making it part of your daily routine satisfies the Taurean need for predictability. Be sure to check out Yogastrology's offering this month for the throat and 5th chakra.

Astrology About.com
Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Indulge the Natural Self   Twelve Tips for When the Sun is in Taurus Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 2:25 am

Indulge the Natural Self

Twelve Tips for When the Sun is in Taurus Oldguynap

Chris Windsor/Getty Images

.It's a month to merge with nature, and be renewed by earthly pleasures. This might mean outdoor picnics in the park, with in-season fruits, dessert wines and fine chocolates. Lots of napping in places where you can hear the birds and watch butterflies is nice, too. An amble arm-in-arm is divine, especially in a peaceful, fertile place like the countryside.

It's easier to stop and smell the roses, and see the nuances of the natural world. It's ideal for a nature walk to identify healing herbs, or to pick wildflowers
Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Twelve Tips for When the Sun is in Taurus   Twelve Tips for When the Sun is in Taurus Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 2:33 am

Enjoy Some Slow Food

Twelve Tips for When the Sun is in Taurus Dishes

Stockbyte/Getty Images

.We can all be foodies when the Sun is in Taurus. Starting with gathering up ingredients, it engages us in the colors, textures, and tastes of the season. Getting deeper into a culinary arts opens up new worlds of spices to try, all part of Earth's gifts of sensory experience.

A home-cooked meal enjoyed with people who appreciate it, is one of life's pleasures. While it's a month for comfort foods, and possible over-indulgence, it's also time to sample new flavors. We can seek to refine the palate, and there are an infinite number of combinations to try. I tried goji berries and raw cacao beans recently, for example -- a first!

Satisfy your foodie side with a new apron, cookware, spices, or cookbook. If you're on a budget, you can do like I do and check them out from the library. Or online sites like Epicurious.

Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Twelve Tips for When the Sun is in Taurus   Twelve Tips for When the Sun is in Taurus Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 2:37 am

Get Your Minerals

Twelve Tips for When the Sun is in Taurus Saltcrystals

Studio Peter Frank/Getty Images

.It's a fact that many are not getting vital minerals, like magnesium, that the body needs. This has to do with soil depletion over many decades. Some ways to get your minerals are by eating organic foods, taking supplements, or growing your own veggies in healthy soil. One astrologer friend I know swears by Calm, a magnesium replenisher in powder form.

You can get magnesium through Epsom salts, which has magnesium sulfate. Many use sea salt instead of iodized salt, because it contains so many of the Earth's minerals. You can make your own sea salt if you live near the ocean, by boiling it down to crystals. Salt crystals and epsom salts are also used for detoxing heavy metals, calming the nervous system, and even acne.

Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Find Your Notes   Twelve Tips for When the Sun is in Taurus Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 2:45 am

Find Your Notes

Twelve Tips for When the Sun is in Taurus Girlssinging

E Dygas/Getty Images

.It's a great month to Om alone or with a group, harmonize, join a chorus, attend a kirtan chant, sing out loud while driving with the top down. Taurus rules the voice and vocal chords, so explore your range.

I recently went to a circle healing, where the practitioner used tuning forks. One famous frequency is 528 Hz, the so-called Love Frequency, with a divine resonance. The sound healer Tom Kenyon has many free Sound Gifts to download on his site.

Click on link:
Tom Kenyon.com

In a chaotic time, sound can be comforting, and profoundly healing. It might be as simple as listening to the sounds of birds or crickets.

Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Twelve Tips for When the Sun is in Taurus   Twelve Tips for When the Sun is in Taurus Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 2:49 am

Plan for an Abundant Harvest

Twelve Tips for When the Sun is in Taurus Herbgarden

Stockbyte/Getty Images

.Taurus is the sign of fertility, and growing things. Along with gardening for beauty, why not join the gardening revolution underway and get into edibles and medicinals. You might start a medicinal herb garden, or plant some fruit trees. Taurus is the sign of practicality and beauty, and there's nothing more pleasing than blooms that bear fruit (like cucumbers).

It's also a fine time to learn gardening arts that require patience, like seed saving and drying herbs. Our food supply is facing new threats and "unknowns." Growing your own garden, and trading with others, is a big step toward longterm security.

Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Twelve Tips for When the Sun is in Taurus   Twelve Tips for When the Sun is in Taurus Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 2:52 am

Get Crafty

Twelve Tips for When the Sun is in Taurus Handmade

Jamie Grill/Getty Images

.Pottery and ceramics are Taurean pursuits, along with any craft that produces something edible, pleasurable or useful. You might get into home brewing beer, making soap, canning or baking artisan breads. It's a great time to frame your artwork, add a heavy sculpture to the garden, or pot some plants. Other Taurus-inspired crafty hobbies are knitting, arranging flowers or being a mixologist at your own dinner party.

If you want to be a crafty overachiever, start making gifts now for the holidays. By starting now, you can go slow and be meditative and methodical with it. The joy is in the doing, and at a pace that's not rushed.

Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Twelve Tips for When the Sun is in Taurus   Twelve Tips for When the Sun is in Taurus Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 2:56 am

A Beauty Day

Twelve Tips for When the Sun is in Taurus Spaday

Bigshots/Getty Images

.When the Sun is in Taurus, you might be tempted to set up a dressing table. Taurus rules all the rituals of beautification -- from perfumes to make-up, scented oils to bath pearls. It's a great time to gather the girlfriends (this can be men in some cases), for a spa party.

You might enjoy clay masks, and using natural beautifiers like sponges and pumice stones. One lovely lost ritual -- unless you're a mommy to little girls -- is the brushing of the hair. Act out a period fantasy and brush each other's hair, or have your man do this for you. Exchange ideas for the best colors to wear and hair styles. Replace your synthetic make-up with the healthier all-natural kind.

Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Twelve Tips for When the Sun is in Taurus   Twelve Tips for When the Sun is in Taurus Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 2:59 am

Dress for Comfort

Twelve Tips for When the Sun is in Taurus Clothes

Indeed/Getty Images

.For those of us on the verge of summer, the best investment you can make is a well-made pair of sandals. This month being comfortable is just as important as being stylish. This means quality, natural fabrics that breathe, and are right for the season. Taurus has us looking for value, and what will last, so you're apt to find treasures at the vintage or thrift store.

Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Twelve Tips for When the Sun is in Taurus   Twelve Tips for When the Sun is in Taurus Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 3:02 am

Protect Your Valuables

Twelve Tips for When the Sun is in Taurus Doornob

Dimitri Venits/Getty Images

.Taurus is security-minded, making it a good time for upgrades to your doorknobs or locks. Taurus rules certain metals like copper, bronze and brass, so taking care of home security, could also be a beautification project.

These upgrades might be related to your finances, like investing in a home safe, converting to precious metals, moving your money, or consolidating any loans.

Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Twelve Tips for When the Sun is in Taurus   Twelve Tips for When the Sun is in Taurus Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 3:05 am

Bring Earth into Your Home Decor

Twelve Tips for When the Sun is in Taurus Terracotta

Marc Arundale/Getty Images

.It's a great month to check out these feng shui tips for bringing the earth element into your home. Some ideas are hanging landscape art, or using earthenware. It might be as simple as adding a terracotta bowl as a centerpiece on your table. Anything that conveys strength, enduring value, and reminds you of the nourishment from the Earth, is beneficial.

Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Twelve Tips for When the Sun is in Taurus   Twelve Tips for When the Sun is in Taurus Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 3:09 am

Create a Moveable Feast

Twelve Tips for When the Sun is in Taurus Petalslove

Photodisc/Getty Images

.It's a very Venusian month, when the senses are off-the-charts. Bring your favorite aphrodisiacs into the bedroom, and heighten the mood with aromas. Silky fabrics, rose petals, erotic massage, musky scents, sensual oils all might be up your alley.

These mood enhancers aid you in letting go of stress, and losing yourself in the moment. But you may find that they're not necessary. That going au natural and feasting on each other is enough to absorb you totally.

Astrology About.com
Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Twelve Tips for When the Sun is in Taurus   Twelve Tips for When the Sun is in Taurus Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 3:13 am

Ooooh My I Am so Taurean, I do ALL these things on the list. Cool

I just don't have the GUY in the above pic. tongue

Laughing
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

PostSubject: Re: Twelve Tips for When the Sun is in Taurus   Twelve Tips for When the Sun is in Taurus Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 10:19 pm

Haha Solane, I am so Taurean too. And I have two Virgo children so you know we are an earthy bunch! We've been embracing nature and gardening for the past week. It is Autumn but the weather is mild and things are really thriving. I love to sit outside and crochet while the kids play. They include all our animal friends in their games. Yesterday we were all out in the front yard and the kids were playing some army type game (yes my daughter too!) with the three dogs, two of our cats and the two guinea pigs and my daughter's newly acquired budgerigar. The dogs were prisoners of war or double agent/spies except the foxy - he was the medic licking everyone to make them better. The guinea pigs and the bird were the communications team and had a base of their own and I think the cats were enemy forces. No one got hurt for real except a couple of popped balloons. I had so much fun watching and crocheting in between being barreled over by dogs ( I like to sit on the ground - direct contact with the earth).

Right now I am sitting up in bed with the three dogs laying on the end of the bed. Gotta have animals around me all the time. Or at least reminders of the natural world.
Back to top Go down
http://lightwarriors.heavenforum.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twelve Tips for When the Sun is in Taurus   Twelve Tips for When the Sun is in Taurus Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1