Psyche
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Soul, Many Journeys

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fear lives in the future

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Solane Star
Co-Conscious with Oneness

Fear lives in the future  Empty
PostSubject: Fear lives in the future    Fear lives in the future  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 5:52 am

Fear lives in the future

"We can't fear the past. Fear is a future thing. And since the future’s all in our heads, fear must be a head thing."

-- Tom Payne

It helps to understand that fear is usually a projection into the future. We typically fear what MIGHT happen rather than what is happening now.

Susan Jeffers notes that 90% of what we fear usually does not materialize. So replace your images of disaster on the TV screen in your mind with awareness of what is really happening. And don’t allow your thinking to change channels.

"I have not ceased being fearful, but I have ceased to let fear control me."

-- Erica Jong

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fear lives in the future    Fear lives in the future  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 6:36 am

Wow! Love that Tom Payne quote! Perfect logic. That's going to be a helpful thought for me in the future. Thanks for sharing it!
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

PostSubject: Re: Fear lives in the future    Fear lives in the future  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 11:56 pm

Yes we can. There is only one moment in reality and that is NOW. So when do the past and the future occur? NOW. How can the past still exist if it is over and behind us? Look around you - do you see buildings and trees and monuments? Do you observe public holidays and ceremonies of remembrance? Gosh, if anyone went up to an American and told them that 911 has no impact on them today, can you imagine the reaction? And how do you know who you are if you forget your ancestors or your childhood?

Fear can be a wonderful tool. Fear has it's place in the human psyche. Imagine if you burned yourself on fire in the past but decided to remove that memory. There would be nothing to stop you placing your hand in fire continually and getting burned every time.

It's time to wake up. WAKE UP - there is an anaesthesia spreading like wildfire burning everyone in their sleep and it comes under the disguise of new age spirituality. I have been paralysed by it for too long and it took me a lot of energy to break the slumber of ignorance. QUESTION EVERYTHING. Don't fall for pretty phrases or quotes made by well known authors. Ask yourself how valid what you read or hear is and how universal it's meaning is...Try riding a bicycle with the back tyre removed and see how far you get - you need both tyres for balance so that you can move forwards with grace and ease. So too in life you need balance to the information you take in. Assume nothing. Question everything. Stay awake and alert and aware.

This is the most useful statement of all:

"I have not ceased being fearful, but I have ceased to let fear control me."

-- Erica Jong

Know where your boundaries and comfort levels are. Get to know yourself. Use fear wisely.
Back to top Go down
http://lightwarriors.heavenforum.com/
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Fear lives in the future    Fear lives in the future  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 2:39 am

Kat Sweetie,

did you read Rogue's post yet????

I think this article will shed some light on things for you. Like a Star @ heaven Wink Like a Star @ heaven

https://souljourneys.forumotion.net/t710-the-best-thing-i-ve-read-in-a-long-time Cool
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

PostSubject: Re: Fear lives in the future    Fear lives in the future  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 11:35 pm

I am half way through that article - thanks for the heads up Solane, it does clarify much. I like what I have read so far.

Please don't take my comments personally. I am trying to work out what is going on in my head. Thoughts are shifting. Ideas are being released. If there is anywhere I feel safe sharing my process it is here. I welcome your feedback and help.

Thanks pinkfly
Back to top Go down
http://lightwarriors.heavenforum.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fear lives in the future    Fear lives in the future  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fear lives in the future
Page 1 of 1