Psyche
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Soul, Many Journeys

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Make friends with time

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Solane Star
Co-Conscious with Oneness
Co-Conscious with Oneness

Make friends with time Empty
PostSubject: Make friends with time   Make friends with time Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 3:21 am

Make friends with time

"We race to win, but at what price? Driven by the threat of time, we wonder why we feel so empty at the end of action-filled days."

-- Diana Hunt

Do you fly through each day with your eyes always on the clock? In western cultures, we’ve been taught that we need to impose our own order on life. As a result, we think we need to control every aspect of our day.

How might you enter into a new relationship with time? How might you take back the power you’ve given to the clock?

This is the time of your life. How are you spending it?

"When busyness is the measure of time, no matter how much time exists it is never enough."

-- Diana Hunt

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Make friends with time   Make friends with time Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 5:21 am

Good food for thought. I think I'm fortunate in that I've always been incapable of caring what time it is... or what day of the week... or of the month...

I think I instinctively understand the artificiality of "time" divisions. There really isn't any such thing as an "hour"; that's just a concept we humans invented. In reality, "time" is a continuous and unbroken flow...
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

PostSubject: Re: Make friends with time   Make friends with time Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 9:11 pm

I have broken free of the space time continuum on more than one occasion. Those who live by the clock are missing out on so much more that life has to offer...the experiences you have are a far more valuable measure of your life than the hours or the days or even the years that pass. Time can be fractal. It can be bent and shaped. You can change it simply with your perception. Being present does not mean watching the clock. It means placing your awareness on what you are doing in the moment and fully engaging your being. This is how we have quality experiences. When we tell ourselves there's not enough time we are robbing ourselves of that real connection. I used to be a clock watcher. Now not so much except when it pertains to routines and appointments. Otherwise, I much prefer to engage in awareness.
Back to top Go down
http://lightwarriors.heavenforum.com/
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

PostSubject: Re: Make friends with time   Make friends with time Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 9:15 pm

Just a thought...how many of us suddenly seem more time-oriented as our birthday approaches? Not only do we count down the days but also we dread the years accumulating. Sometimes we are even judged by our age and what is and isn't appropriate behaviour for the number of years we have spent on this planet. Who decided where those benchmarks should be? Why is it that anyone who falls outside what is considered the 'norm' is labeled and thought of as wrong?

Time and age are over-rated. We have become sheep wanting everyone in the flock to look and act alike. Stand out. Express yourself. Don't count the years. Celebrate the experiences of your life. Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
http://lightwarriors.heavenforum.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Make friends with time   Make friends with time Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Make friends with time
Page 1 of 1