Psyche
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Soul, Many Journeys

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Animal Totems

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

Animal Totems Empty
PostSubject: Animal Totems   Animal Totems Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 9:26 pm

An Animal Totem is an important symbolic object used by a person to get in touch with specific qualities found within an animal which the person needs, connects with, or feels a deep affinity toward.

You can have several animal guides through out your life. Sometimes an animal guide will come into your life for a short period of time, and then be replaced by another depending on the journey or direction you are headed toward. Your guide will instruct and protect you as you learn how to navigate through your spiritual and physical life. When you find an animal that speaks strongly to you or feel you must draw more deeply into your life, you might fill your environment with images of the animal to let the animal know it's welcome in your space. Animal guides can help you get back to your Earthly roots, and reconnect with nature by reminding you that we are all interconnected. To first do this you need to know what your Animal Totem is.

If you don't know what your Animal Totem is there are several questions you can ask yourself. All of the questions below are designed to get you thinking about a prominent animal in your life. There are no right or wrong answers. Only you can truly know which Animal Totem(s) are right for your journey.

1. Since we are drawn to that which resonates with us, what animal, bird, or insect are you drawn to?
2. When you go to the park, forest, or zoo what animal are you most interested in seeing?
3. What animal do you most frequently see when you're out in nature or in the city?
4. What animals are you currently interested in learning about?
5. Which animal do you find most frightening or intriguing?
6. Have you ever been bitten or attacked by an animal?
7. Is there a recurring animal in your dreams or do you have one you have never forgotten?

If you are still uncertain which animal is your totem, here a few exercises you can do to come closer to the answer. You must not try to force the animal to come, it can pick up on that energy and be put off. Being patient and doing the following exercises will draw your animal totem to you.

1. Ask yourself what animal has played a meaningful part in your world? If you're unsure, make a list of animals that have drawn your interest or have left a deep impression on you from paintings, photographs, stories, movies, carvings, etc.
2. Which animal shows up in your life most frequently? Keep a journal of the animals present in your dreams or that you encounter through the day for the next month. How did the animal behave? Did you interact with the animal?
3. Find a place where you can be alone to meditate. Sit quietly and ask your animal to make it's nature known to you. Feel free to use tools such as incense, smudge, and candles to help you.
4. Don't give up, sometimes your animal totem is nearby watching to see if you're serious about connecting with it. Keep doing the above exercises until your animal totem makes itself known to you.

source: animal totem.com
Back to top Go down
http://lightwarriors.heavenforum.com/
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

Animal Totems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 9:31 pm

Wolf Totems

Animal Totems Wolf_9-1

Wolves are the epitome of stamina, known to run 35 miles a day in pursuit of prey. They are highly misunderstood animals, who have gained the reputation of being cold blooded. In reality wolves are friendly and social creatures. Aggression is something they avoid, preferring rather to growl or create a posture to show dominance. Even though living in close knit packs provide wolves with a strong sense of family, they are still able to maintain their individuality. Wolves represent the spirit of freedom, but they realize that having individual freedom requires having responsibilities.

Because wolf is a teacher and pathfinder, he comes when we need guidance in our lives. Those who have a Wolf Totem will move on to teach others about sacredness and spirituality. Wolf can also teach how to balance the responsibility of family needs and not to lose one's personal identity.

Wolf teaches us to develop strength and confidence in our decisions. He shows we will learn to trust our insights once we learn how to value our inner voice. This wisdom keeps us from inappropriate action. If wolf appears in your life examine where you need to develop more confidence and if you need more balance between friends, family, and yourself.

animal totem.com

This is one of my totems shades
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Co-Conscious with Oneness

Animal Totems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 3:07 pm

Like a Star @ heaven cheers Like a Star @ heaven

How symbolic is the BE-havior's of the two birds that where out this morning playing around my front porch.

Chickadee's " Cheer-FULL-ness " and a HUMM-ingbird's " JOY-FULL-ness " chasing ONE another around.

I seen " JOY " chasing away " CHEER " lol!

☀ blush ☀

Animal Totems Hummin11

Animal Totems Hummin12

Last edited by Solane Star on Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Solane Star

Animal Totems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 3:22 pm

Animal Totems Woodpe10
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

Animal Totems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 7:45 pm

Hahaha that sounds bizarre! Great pictures honey. What a great omen for you - so much positive energy! Did it reflect the kind of day you were having?
Back to top Go down

Animal Totems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 2:06 am

Thank you for this thread GothiKat, and moreso, thank you for providing the questions and exercises in your first post. I haven't thought much about animal totems, however when I have, I'd often come to the conclusion that I don't have one. I think this has mainly been because I couldn't think of any animal in particular that I had an affinity with - I seemed to be drawn to all equally. After answering the questions in your 1st post I was able to discover the reason why I couldn't attune with my animal totem. It was a semantic factor - my animal totem is anything with wings. In particular, Butterflies and Dragon-flies. I could say my animal totem is an insect-totem. bbt
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

Animal Totems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 9:08 pm

That's wonderful Nuelma lb

But it's not just about the animals we feel a positive connection to...

The shadow energy (more familiarly known as 'totem') is an animal that challenges us somehow.

Animal Totems 4163724650_d2b9d65bf7_m

We fear it, or we dislike it. We experience an irrational feeling of distaste or revulsion towards it. It is an animal that we might kill, or avoid, or turn off when we see it on television, and it is an animal that can feature in our nightmares or that may even have attacked us in the past.

It is thought that we fear these animals because they teach us the lessons that we don't want to learn, because we fear what we might lose in the process and even what we may gain. We may fear what the animal may tell us about ourselves, often it forces us to confront harsh truths about ourselves. What we dislike most about the animal, may be what we dislike most in ourselves, or it might represent something that happened to us, or is happening to us, that feels harmful and unpleasant. In extreme cases, we can develop phobias of these animals. Or worse, we may begin to kill them en masse if we get the opportunity.

It is called a 'shadow' energy, because like many aspects of ourselves that we don't like, it is often marginalised and ignored. Even spiritual people have a tough time confronting and working with their shadow energies.

It is possible to have more than one shadow energy, and it is possible for them to change over time. Almost everyone has them. In some cases it's easier to know which animals we have problems with than others, because they might be animals we confront regularly like spiders or fleas. Sometimes it's more difficult, it's an animal that's easy to avoid because it might only be at the zoo, or in books.

Some common shadow energies:

- Ant
- Flea
- Bee
- Wasp
- Mosquito
- Fly
- Tick
- Spider
- Snake
- Horse
- Raven / Crow
- Wolf
- Hyena
- Cuckoo

Animal Totems 1184942996-Sue-Coleman-Raven-Shadow-AC358

There are of course a lot of others! You might think of fears and dislikes your friends have had in the past, or fears and dislikes you have had.

Ask yourself the question:

If you fear 'spiders', you need to be very exact. Do you fear ALL spiders? Or the poisonous ones? Or the fast ones? Or the big tarantula ones? Do you fear all wasps? Even the ones you've never seen? Why? What about cuckoos? Do you hate them because they push eggs out of the nest? Or because you think they're ugly?

Ask yourself the relevant questions, WHY do you fear or dislike the animal. Start simple. Write down some answers to these questions and you can start to narrow down the nature of your fear:

What kind of 'animal' is it?

What does it look like?

How does it act?

How does it move?

Can it hurt me?

Do I fear / hate it as much as other animals that can hurt me more or in the same way?

Powerful Medicine

Needless to say, one of the most powerful exercises we can do, is confront our shadow aspects and work with them consciously and subconsciously to create a working relationship with them. This is a spiritual process, often initiated through meditation and visualisation of the animal itself, and can force us to light a candle to the shadows of ourselves that we deny, or suppress, or ignore.

Shadow energies have powerful medicine, if we imagine that we are trying to always improve ourselves and get closer to the spirit and wholeness, the shadow animal can give us very direct paths to this. Shadow energies are not gentle, they do not coddle us, and sometimes working with them can involve tears, terror, and even pain if the animal has attacked us in the past, but they do show us very direct paths to the spirit, and to home truths that once confronted, often show that the animal itself is not half as fearful as we thought it was!

For example, venomous animals often force us to confront that we too are capable of brutal, poisonous acts to get what we want. There's no point denying it, and spiders and snakes (and other venomous animals) tell us that we need to not only confront this truth, but embrace it, and eventually learn how to love and understand it. Through this love and understanding, we reach a new respect of ourselves and the animal through spiritual work.

Animal Totems 2204012010_d0c0e55e37
Here's one I have worked with and now respect and love Very Happy

Sometimes shadow energies will even become your primary 'totem', or one of your more significant guides. If you are open and honest with the animal and with yourself, you may even develop a powerful ally who can help you in otherworlds, ritual and spellwork. You will also become well-equipped to help others face their own fears and dislikes of the same animal, because you will often know what you had to go through to get to a place of understanding.

Taking your time.

Some people like fast results in their spirituality, the idea of a long and protracted journey of hard work with little results can be frustrating to say the least. But with shadow animals it is important to understand that reconciling your shadow self, even aspects of your shadow self, with your conscious self can be a difficult and ongoing process.

Of course the process might also be very fast! You might have a lightning bolt of realisation and suddenly go 'yes! I do hate that about myself, and I fear this, and I'm going to do *this* to fix it, why did I never figure that out before?' But most of the time this process is slow and ongoing, and entirely worth it and rewarding in the end.

Don't force the process, sometimes you will not be ready at all, and you will know when it happens. Be patient with yourself. Respect and understand yourself and your spiritual journey as you are learning to respect and understand your shadow energies.

Wildspeak

Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

Animal Totems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 9:39 pm

My lifelong shadow energy has been this:

Animal Totems Cane_toad

OMG I am getting heart palpitations just looking at it brainwash And the bile is rising in my throat.... yuk I really am frightened to my core of these things! I can handle spiders and snakes and cockroaches, but not CANE TOADS!!!

And look where I live...

Animal Totems Cane-toad-fs-map-1

Yep, smack bang in the middle of toad central :affraid:

Cane Toad - Toxicity

Animal Totems Canetoad

Keywords:

Adaptation and proliferation. Success at the cost of others. Earth and water mysteries. The visionary. Strong medicine. Toxic situations. Toxicity. Invasion. Poisonous situations. Poisoning others. Harm.

General Description:

The cane toad was introduced into Australia in the early 1900s in order to control cane beetles. They not only failed to control the beetles, but became a major pest growing in proportion yearly. Cane toads are poisonous, they oust other frogs and toads from wetlands, poison many creatures that try to eat them, and kill many pets who also attack them. They are hardy creatures with no known effective predators or methods for control in Australia.

Animal Totems 0.21C

Lessons and Challenges:

Cane toad has a strong and often overwhelming energy, and if it has shown up, it is letting you know that you are currently experiencing a situation (or many) that is toxic. It may be external circumstances beyond your control, or alternatively it may be thoughts and feelings within you that have become toxic.

Do a general scan of your life, and find out where the toxicity lies. Cane toad can help with this, and point your attention to specific situations which are toxic. Cane toad will also warn against certain people and situations who are particularly poisonous towards you. You may not be able to avoid these toxic situations, as you may be too overwhelmed and taxed at this point, but awareness is a step towards knowing how to work against them, and how to start leeching the toxins from your life; both internally and externally.

The presence of cane toad also warns against your own ability to 'poison' others, either with your words or actions. Watch out for how you speak to and interact with others. Are you being positive with them, or are you trying to clean your own inner toxicity out by spreading it in the direction of others? Watch out for harmful behaviour at this time.

In addition to watching out for general themes of toxicity, be aware that there may be some harm occurring in your life right now. Alternatively, you may be reacting in a toxic manner to harm that occurred in your past, or even harm that you imagine could occur in your future (i.e. such as pushing a partner away because you suspect they may do the same to you). Harm is not the same as hurt, it is long-lasting and has consequences on the body and spirit. Be careful at this time and look at what you fear, what harm has occurred, and how you can go about addressing it and healing.

Animal Totems News-graphics-2007-_446914a
Another 'cute, 'little' specimen...crz

Feral cane toad is 'strong medicine.' It comes into a person's life with lessons that are often very hard to face and as such, it is loathed by almost everyone Australia-wide. Its lessons are akin to having to swallow a herbal tincture that makes one gag, or knowing that that infected splinter has to come out, or it will get worse.

There is a theme of adaptation and proliferation around, or that of invasion. What may be happening at this time, is that because you have not been able to contain the hurt, fear or harm within you (or because others cannot), it is spreading outwards and infecting others. You have the choice to attempt to stop this from happening, whether by protecting yourself, or by helping others to heal themselves.

Despite some of the more distasteful lessons of cane toad, there is the energy of a true visionary around when cane toad comes to call. This is an animal that has managed to conquer territories and adapt to landscapes readily, and almost easily. It is a resourceful, proliferate creature that stretches its energy out across the land. When it is around, you have the potential to harness great success. This success may be at the cost of others, but if it is necessary for your survival, cane toad tells you to seize it and embrace it as your own birthright.

Chances are, with cane toad around, you have access to visionary ideas and thoughts that may change the course of the businesses, relationships and interactions around you. It is often overwhelming to have this energy around, but despite the costs, the benefits and reward can be great.

Cane toad teaches about profound earth and water mysteries, especially those that are challenging towards us, and force us to grow or look beyond what is comfortable for us.

Animal Totems Canetoad_narrowweb__300x433,0
I really can't see myself ever being as fond of toads as this little girl... silent

The Shadow Aspects:

Those who dislike or fear cane toad, often hate unpleasant change. The fact is that cane toad is a part of Australia now - whether we like it or not - but do we spend all our time funneling emotions like hatred and fear towards the cane toad, or do we become proactive and find ways to minimise their impact while maximising the survival chances for native wildlife? Cane toad let's us know that it's up to us to change our own attitudes. Unpleasant change / change for the worse is a part of life, it happens. How we deal with it determines how we experience life.

Cane toad challenges those who do their utmost to avoid 'toxic' situations and emotions. They might spend their entire lives running from memories that are hurtful or frightening, they might deny the presence of poisonous thoughts and emotions within their own person, or they might avoid others when they are going through times of crisis. Cane toad confronts such running and reminds us that toxicity can be a valuable teaching tool. Without acknowledging its presence and forcing ourselves to experiencing it, we cannot begin to assimilate it and leach the poisons from our unpleasant experiences.

Communion:

Like all animal helpers, this animal will only appear when right and appropriate, and cannot be forced to visit you, commune with you, or share messages with you. Cane toad is an overwhelming energy, and because it so easily reaches out, it is readily accessed through visualisation and journeying. Its presence is strong, and in my own experiences with cane toad, I found that it was never ever alone. There were always others hiding nearby.

Cane toad responds well to offerings, and I'd recommend offering anything (water, food, etc.) to prevent it from taking offerings of energy. It can be quite a communicative guide, one that 'talks' and converses rather than teaching through example. If you want to voluntarily work with the energy of cane toad, make sure that you are able to connect with other more cleansing energies afterwards, whether this is guides in the spirit worlds, or people in real life who can help you to feel grounded once more.

Wildspeak cane toads

Back to top Go down

Animal Totems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 7:08 am

I don't know why, but I like cane toads. I've always thought they were kind of cute in their ugliness. It's awful, some people I know go 'toad hunting' - purposely seeking them out to kill them with golf clubs etc. It's such a horrible act.
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

Animal Totems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 9:12 pm

Yes that is horrible. I think the cane toads where I live go Kat hunting deliberately seeking me out. I hate that they hide and seem to jump out of nowhere which makes me scream.

I think that snakes are really beautiful and spiders are fascinating - I even find the meat ants in my backyard cute in the way they all work together and just amazing how they devour things so quickly. I also have a semi-aversion to big green frogs and scream if one hops towards me although I am learning to appreciate them more through my daughter's love of them. But I can't pick them up like she does.
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

Animal Totems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 9:45 pm

And two others that have come into my life in abundance in the past couple of weeks....

Flea - Dependent Vampire

Animal Totems Flea

Keywords:

Accumulative Damage. Vampirism (emotional, physical, other). Aversion to Light. Metamorphosis. Rebirthing. Looking After Ourselves and our Environment. Running Away From Problems. Sensitivity to Environment. Dependence Upon Others. Hurting the ones you Love. Blood Wisdom. The Dependent Vampire.

General Description:

All fleas are compressed laterally and are wingless, parasitic insects that subsist on blood. They have well-developed back legs in their mature stage that enables them to leap from host to host. Fleas have a sense organ on their bodies which is very sensitive to vibration and air currents. Fleas have multiple stages of complete metamorphosis, moving from eggs, to larvae, to pupa and then to adult. In their larval stages they avoid light and will survive off feathers, adult flea feces, hair and skin. Only the adult flea requires blood to survive. There are many different species of flea, some are cat-specific, human-specific, dog-specific etc. Each have different adaptations suited to this animal.

Lessons:

Please remember that if this animal is contacting you, it will often be the best resource for teaching you what its lessons are. What I write is only intended to be a guide, it is not absolute, nor is it infallible.

- If flea has come into your life as a guide (usually through biting us!) we are reminded to look after ourselves and our environment, and to practice vigilance. If we are lazy about how we look after ourselves, we can get physically, emotionally and spiritually harmed. We can even become seriously ill. Make sure you look after your environment and your body.

- Flea represents vampirism (emotional, physical, other). Flea suggests that we might be taking the energy from others - particularly those close to us - without even realising it. This vampirism is a sign of dependence upon others that can become unhealthy. We may also be preyed upon for energy, because we give our energy away too easily. Flea represents the dependent vampire, who will take from those he cares about most.

- Flea indicates a need for darkness and can represent the people who have an aversion to light. If flea has come into your life, it might be time to retreat into shelter, and take stock of your life. Fleas are highly sensitive to their environment, and you might find yourself overwhelmed by too much environmental stimuli. Quiet, dark places will heal you during the time that flea is around.

- Flea represents a time of accumulative damage. Flea bites are small, but the more we get, the more our health and immune system struggles. This accumulative damage can happen in other aspects of our life, small problems that never get sorted out add up until they become overwhelming. Look at each small problem in your life, and address them thoroughly to prevent a situation that feels uncontrollable.

- Fleas are adept at running away from their problems. It might be time for you to actually get away from a dangerous situation, if confrontation is no longer helping. Sometimes walking away is the healthiest thing we can do.

- Flea represents metamorphosis and rebirthing. When flea comes into our life, particularly in our dreams and visualisations, it is be time to turn over a new leaf and change our lifestyle. It is time to embrace change.

- When flea comes into our lives, it is time to assess whether we are hurting the ones we love, by either pulling on too many of their resources, using them emotionally, materially or spiritually, or if we're literally just taking away too much of their energy through never listening to them or giving them a chance to recharge.

- Finally flea represents blood wisdom. All aspects of blood, ancestry, knowledge, energy, wisdom etc. are part of the flea's domain. Indeed the domain of any animal that requires blood to survive. If you wish to understand blood memories, blood secrets and how to connect to your ancestry, a connection with flea may aid you.

Animal Totems Flea-info0

If you have Flea as your Totem:

People with this animal as a totem will often manifest traits similar to the animal itself. I work on the philosophy that we only have one totem, and it teaches us lessons as well as representing the core aspects of our personality. Therefore -

- Flea people tend to be codependent, or in codependent relationships throughout their whole lives. They may be abusive, but usually just tend to be people who need the energy of other people and animals in order to live. One of their main lessons in life is to learn how give and take in a way that permits their partner or friends to survive emotionally and spiritually in long-term relationships. These people are able to get away from their problems with ease, which also means they may never confront some of the less savoury aspects of their behaviour. It is a rare person who will admit to having flea medicine, which is a powerful medicine for directing energy.

There will be other ways your totem manifests, and you will recognise them with awareness and communion.

As shadow guide/totem:

The shadow totem is the animal we often fear irrationally, that teaches us things about ourselves that are profound and difficult to confront. Often the traits we fear most within the shadow totem, are the traits that we dislike in ourselves. We must scrutinise why this is, and learn how to work with them.

- Well, I don't know many people who like flea, who seems to be far more common as a shadow totem, mainly because flea drinks blood. Flea attacks us, and threatens our physical well being, and the wellbeing of any pets we may have too. For this reason, we tend not to like flea, because flea reminds us that even when we are being vigilant there is a chance that we can be used for our resources and taken advantage of. Every part of our lives is constantly under threat, and the creatures that take from us, remind us of the humans that can take from us, and how life can put us in situations where we are taken advantage. It is important then, to learn that despite the constant threat of harm, we are able to live our lives as fully as possible. Fleas are a problem, but they are not the end of the world if we are vigilant and enjoy our lives. It is important to learn that flea reminds us of something positive, that despite harm, we are able to soldier on and lead fulfilling and wholesome lives.

- Those who hate flea are people who (understandably) tend to hate those around them who use and abuse people. They might know of people who vampiristically use their friends, they might never seem to give anything back. Hating these people is a response that enables us to protect ourselves from these people, but is it effective? And is hatred healthy? We need to confront this hatred, and understand the people what we may revile because of their decisions to use the people around them. Without understanding, we are left in a situation of ignorance and intolerance. We don't have to like their actions, but it is important to take the time to understand the motivations of using/abusing, and then understand why we don't do it.

Contacting Flea:

Like all animal helpers, this animal will only appear when right and appropriate, and cannot be forced to visit you, commune with you, or share messages with you. Flea can be contacted via meditation / visualisation / journeying and of course in real life. Flea can be a cryptic guide and teacher, but the lessons are valuable.

Wildspeak

Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

Animal Totems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 10:01 pm

Mosquito

Signs of irritation, yearning to “do something”, and stagnation. Is there something in your life your “itching to do”? Is something in your life irritating, or is there something stagnant in your life… something that needs stirring up? Are you irritating someone else?… or Do you need to “annoy” someone to get them motivated. The mosquito entering your life may indicate the need to look into these irritations.

Naturocity
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

Animal Totems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 10:05 pm

*The Fetch*

A third type of Animal Spirit, little heard of outside of Shamanism and Witchcraft is the 'fetch'. The fetch is a spiritual entity that will appear as a medium in the communion of Human, Animal and Spirit.

The true shaman or witch does not just decide to walk the “Path”. They must first be chosen by and then accept a spirit being or deity as their mentor. Usually, this mentor will send forth an animal spirit to guide the initiate to them, or in many cases, they themselves may take the form of an animal spirit, only later revealing their true nature.

One example, in the case of shamans and witches who come from the background of the European Celtic traditions, the Goddess Morrigan will often appear to the initiate in the form of a raven or crow as their “fetch” and She will reveal her true self only after the initiate has journeyed to the point of actualizing as an “ordained” being.

Animal Totems Sg_6.219101314_std

Spiritwalk
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

Animal Totems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm

Animal Totems Sg_7.219101611_std
"I'm your Spirit Animal"
Back to top Go down
Solane Star

Animal Totems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 1:31 pm

LOVE-ing that your ALL-ways providing BALANCE within your posts Kat, it's REALly an innate quality that you have going on there. cheers ALL-ways working and seeing both sides of the fence my dear, your so forth-right Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Good for you.

Mine & my mates " Summer Time Shadow Totem "

Animal Totems Woodpe11

They where coming right UP on the porch with the others creatures, just to get a peanut, going to the bird feeder's and eating Black Oil SUN-Flower " SEEDS ". There was 8 of them in total, you know my Magic Number 8 of course. It was getting alittle out of hand, so WE had to caught & RELEASE them. My mate had to deal with fellow co-worker's and some left over RESPECT issues to BE delt with and he was trying to bring his work home with him. We REAL-ly had to pull together on this ONE, but WE did manage to generate some inner s-ELF RESPECT and caught ALL 8 Rats and set them FREE.

Animal Totems Woodpe12

Animal Totems Woodpe13

Back to top Go down
Solane Star

Animal Totems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 1:36 pm

Kinda CUTE....ahhhhh Wink

Just didn't want this living under my roof and crawling around at late night hours. eeek ssss
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

Animal Totems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 10:44 pm

Aww, we have pet rats. My kids love them. My youngest son is sitting beside me right now and looking at your photos he is smiling and saying how cute your rats are. And that is a good example of how animals can have different meanings and impacts on people. Some people find them horrible and disgusting even the domestic rats we keep which are far different from the feral ones that get in your roof, etc. I find frogs really icky yet my daughter picks them up and kisses them and says they are beautiful. It all comes down to our unique tastes and what we have to learn about ourselves through our animal friends. I wish I could relocate the million or so cane toads that live on the property with me but alas, apart from the occasional red belly black snake eating a few, they continue to breed and flourish. My awareness tells me I chose to enter their territory to take up residence so I have learnt to adapt and work with them not against them. That's my choice.

Balance is important. Remember that old adage that there are two sides to every story? Well I prefer to think there are three - the two sides and then the observer's aspect, because without an outside perspective to notice the two sides, there would be no balance. Often the shadow side offers more information that further illuminates our awareness. It is the missing piece to the jigsaw if you like. Try walking on one leg and see how far you get...it takes two to move forwards with ease and purpose. That is the role of balance. It helps unblock us and bring clarity.
Back to top Go down
Solane Star

Animal Totems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 1:17 am

Power animals

Everyone has the help and protection of spirit beings often in the form of animal spirits. Power animals are usually not domesticated animals and you can have more than one.

Even if a person has never heard of power animals they will have a special affinity for certain animals, or have had unusual experiences with certain animals. It is quite likely that this is their power animal trying to get their attention.

Sometimes these animals leave and then the person becomes sick, or has a run of bad luck. Other times we outgrow the power animal and need another one to help us into the next phase of our lives.

Power animals are powerful spirits that assume the form of animals -- perhaps it is the easiest way for humans to see and understand them, or maybe they like the look. They are not animals and sometimes you are allowed to see their alternate forms such as a human form.

Power animals are a volunteer position, a being who is offering an amazing gift of helping someone in his or her life.

What do we have to offer them? After all, they are essentially demigods in their power and wisdom. We can gift them in at least 3 ways:

1. Apparently there is rich reward for them in helping humans. So, the first gift is to bring them into our daily lives to help us, guide us and protect us. Call upon them for wisdom, ideas, direction, help, problem solving, etc. The more you actively engage them the more they will be there for you and the more you gift them.

2. Invite your power animals to dinner. Cook a meal and set aside a portion as offering to your power animals. Leave it out overnight and then the next day put the remainder out in the world for nature spirits to feed on too.

3. As Spirit beings they do not have physical bodies. The third way that you can gift, honor and thank your power animal(s) is by dancing your animal. You are gifting them the experience of being physical. This can take the form of literally dancing like your animal. Bring the animal into your body, move as it would move to the music.

Do this often.

One other thing to remember about power animals is that each animal is powerful -- an eagle is just as powerful as a mouse. The particular animal that you receive will have special traits that are important for your life now.

People are often surprised by their power animal. I am surprised when I go and find a mouse or a chicken for a client. I am thinking "Oh man, how am I going to tell this person that their power animal is a mouse?" (I am thinking they will want a lion or an eagle. Yet, often I learn that this person already has a special relationship with Mouse. My returning with Mouse as their Power Animal is a strong confirmation of the work.)

I know a woman whose power animal is Buffalo. She was bummed. She had no connection to Buffalo. She struggled trying to bring Buffalo into her life. Then, while on a vacation, she had to drive through a buffalo preserve in Montana. Now usually in these places you are lucky if you see one buffalo with your binoculars 20 miles away on a mountain top surrounded by camouflage. As you are guessing, she came up over a hill only to be forced to stop as an entire herd of buffalo completely surrounded her car. She became very clear about her connection with Buffalo in the 45 minutes that it took for the herd to pass.

Bringing your power animals into your daily experiences will enrich your life and magical connection to this amazing world we live in. It will provide you with guidance, healing, help and protection.

By David Lang
http://www.urbanshamanism.com/Glossary/GlossaryP_R.html#realmsofspirit
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Co-Creator of Reality
Co-Creator of Reality

Animal Totems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 2:54 am

I'm excited, because my TIGER totem is back. I love it, love LOVE the tiger energy. Horses and tigers both resonate with me, their power and their wellspring of energy are what I admire and aspire to. And I know that the tiger is back... I've been seeing pictures of tigers, using my tiger's eye crystal, listening to the song 'Eye of the Tiger', and today I saw a kids' t-shirt with a big tiger face on it that I was really drawn to - on sale for $10 and it looks like it will fit me, so I'm tempted to blow $10 on it tomorrow (whether I can do that or not is another story!). Anyway, this is what it means for me:

Animal Totems Tiger

http://www.linsdomain.com/totems/pages/tiger.htm
Quote :
Passion, Power, Devotion

The Tiger is the symbol of darkness
and the new Moon.

When a Tiger totem enters your life,
expect new adventures.
It will awaken new passion and power.

Tiger people do their best work at night.
They are very sensual and passion people and devoted parents.
Your best work will be done at night.
Tigers are associated with water and have all the properties of the element of Water –
healing, power through gentle flow, feminine energies.

In China, there are 5 mystic tigers:
The red tiger is south, summer and fire,
the black tiger is the symbol of north, winter and water,
the blue tiger is east, spring and vegetation,
the white tiger is west, autumn and all metals,
the yellow tiger is ruler of the Earth and its energies.

http://www.cathyginter.com/TOTEM.html
Quote :
Tiger: Whenever we are in the presence of tiger, it is always very powerful medicine. This is "get up and go" energy. The key is to release our emotional body from its mental cage and give it the full expression it deserves. Tiger's gifts are good health, beauty, vitality and sexual freedom. Tiger teaches us that we will be very successful in all our endeavors, especially if we approach our lives with a true sense of pride, inner strength and self-confidence.

http://www.angelfire.com/ma4/thelair/totem.html
Animal Totems 2978959173_bde6b437bf

Quote :
Tiger Totem

If you are drawn to the tiger, have dreams of the tiger, relate to the tiger, it gives insight into what is happening in your life and the kind of person you are.

The tiger is a solitary spirit, protecting its territory and coming together to mate and raise their young. In this aspect, you are a person who needs plenty of "space". You can feel suffocated easily by one who does not understand this. You are very loyal, loving and sensual, but must be with someone who really understands you.

The tiger is a nocturnal animal and gives those with the "spirit of the tiger" a special power during the night hours. Your creativity is enhanced during those hours. The tiger is also connected to the new and full moon and the phases of the moon can influence you greatly. You should learn more about the power of the moon and how to use its various phases to the best advantage in your life.

As with most cats, the tiger is a sensual creature. It stretches, it muscles are smooth and sleek, it rubs against trees, other cats, and is very sensitive to touch. A tiger spirit person has a great feeling of touch and could learn psychometry very easily. This person also is sensitive to the touch of others and can be very sensual in physical relationships.

Unlike most of the cat family, the tiger loves swimming and will often just lay in the water and enjoy it. The tiger spirit person has an affinity for water and often lives near the water or would like to. The water element is one of psychic ability and emotional elements. You can be overly sensitive and emotional, but if you call upon the power and knowledge of the tiger, you can control your life.

The tiger is a free spirit and loves to roam and experience new things. The tiger spirit is adventurous and loves to travel and experience new cultures, learn new philosophies, meet new people and yet can still maintain that "solitary" image and feeling. And yet the tiger has very strong ties to its young. The tiger spirit has great motherly devotion and raises and teaches their children all that they can while the children are within their territory.

Tigers hunt silently and slowly and this can be a very beneficial trait to learn in the tiger spirit life. Weigh things carefully, don't be in too much of a hurry, At the time in your life when the tiger spirit speaks, slow down and become deliberate in your choices. If you feel you are being selfish, that is probably for your own good. Everyone must learn to "do for themselves" before they can help others. You may also find yourself interested in certain intellectual pursuits that have not previously appealed to you. Follow your instincts. The tiger is a great leader.

THE SPIRIT OF THE TIGER IS:

POWER

DEVOTION

PASSION

ADVENTURE

SENSUALITY

http://www.namastecafe.com/animal/tiger.htm

Quote :
Will & Power

The Siberian Tiger is the largest of all the big cats with their bodies growing up to twelve feet long and their tails adding another three feet to their overall length. Watching these beautiful creatures, the strength and power they possess is very much in evidence in their rippling muscles.

Large paws carry impressive claws that are usually kept sheathed until either grasping a prey animal or delivering a lethal blow to an enemy. Such formidable power is contained within a musculature that has been designed to assure this cat’s ranking at the top of their food chain.

For the two-legged (human/soul) beside whom Tiger stalks, the sheathed claws and defined muscles can transform in the space of a heartbeat from fluid, casual movement to a powerful burst of energy, this is quite symbolic of the human counterpart’s same power that is most often kept in check. These individuals possess an amazing reservoir of energy that is frequently held in reserve for times when it is genuinely needed, yet when circumstances warrant the release of this wellspring, they can tackle a problem, crisis or challenge with a focused intensity that can only be equated to a Tiger’s leap.

When very young, the Tiger soul learns to contain such raw power. This contained energy can present itself as an intense gaze and quietly studious demeanor that may intimidate others, as though the eyes of the Tiger are capable of peering into one’s very soul.

Such intensity can drive others away as the one beside whom the Tiger journeys can often appear as aloof or disinterested. Nothing can be further from the truth however, as although they may seem insensitive or detached, these are the souls that desire to experience all of life’s intricacies and adventures, yet it is only as they mature and gain confidence in themselves that their more exuberant side is let free to play and explore.

When operating from Lower Personality, such raw power can be utilized for extremely selfish ends with the Tiger individual seeking to further his/her own agenda regardless of the cost to both others around them, and to their soul’s own progress. In this scenario, the energy is then released in volcano blasts and whirlwinds, obliterating all who stand in the path of the tiger. Or the reverse may be true and the two-legged with this magnificent Animal Spirit may be intimidated by their own exceptionally powerful emotions and desires, stuffing or denying such feelings, which results in many frustrations and denial of the true Self as an end result of such repression.

As the Tiger Soul grows, matures and evolves, a balance is found between releasing their indomitable energies and maintaining an awareness of the feelings of those around them. When the two-legged can embrace, without fear, their own Power and utilize it for the benefit of both themselves and others, the Light Force of their Will shines forth to light the pathway for others who journey the path of Self-Knowledge and Discovery.

Devotion

The Tiger in the wild will only have a litter of cubs (kittens) once in every 3 to 4 years and her litter will vary anywhere from a single birth to six offspring. Once making their entrance onto the Earthwalk, the small tigers will remain with their mother for approximately two years as she guides them through maturation and teaches them how to hunt and to become self-sufficient.

Watching a female Tiger nurture, protect and teach her offspring, it becomes obvious to the observer that she is a devoted and loving mother. The gentleness that she exhibits toward her cubs can turn rapidly to ferocity when her young are threatened, but when it comes to providing care for her progeny, the Tiger seems to delight in her role of mother.

For the two-legged with the soul of Tiger, there is an intrinsic undercurrent of fierce devotion that flows through their veins. When a Tiger individual loves another, be this in a friend or lover, the loyalty, intensity and devotion that they lavish upon their loved ones leaves an indelible imprint upon the hearts and minds of others. For some less passionate individuals who find themselves in love with the one beside whom Tiger pads, this red-hot intensity can be overwhelming and they will escape for “gentler waters,” while those who posses a similar fire and depth within their own hearts will find an eager and willing partner in the Tiger individual.

The challenges for the Tiger soul can be various when it comes to matters of the heart. Some Tigers may tend to burn with a blazing intensity that is exhilarating in its heat yet, as though such ferocious passion cannot be maintained indefinitely, the scorching heat of passion will quickly subside to barely flickering embers that threaten to die out at any moment, and just when their partner has become completely enthralled with the Tiger’s intensity. While this first example of the Tiger love nature may be initially exciting, the Soul of Tiger is all too soon off in search of a fresh encounter to recapture the blistering bonfire that they find in each new relationship. The result is that the mate left behind suffers a broken heart and the less - sensitive type of Tiger will be accumulating a negative karmic balance until he/she can identify this destructive behavior and learn to operate from a place of more compassion and Conscious Awareness.

The reverse of this will be the Tiger soul that is so ensconced in loving others and pouring their entire Self into the chosen mate, that they will subjugate their own wants, needs and desire to appease the partner. In this instance, the devotion is often either completely misplaced in a lover that is not willing to reciprocate such affection, or the Tiger Soul is so busy attending to the needs of the mate that there is nothing left over to nurture their own soul. In both this instance and the previous illustration, the Lesson for the Tiger individual becomes one of learning to balance between passion and steadfastness, love of Others and a healthy love of Self. Once this middle-ground is reached, the result is a healthy and giving soul that teaches all whom they encounter the beauty of true Devotion and love.

Yin/Yang Principle

One look at the magnificent coat of a Tiger reveals much as the black stripes that are overlaid against the backdrop of orange/rust coloring suggests a certain duality. In nature when there is such a significant contrast, this will often indicate a duplicity of meaning and/or purpose.

For the Tiger, this contrasting of patterns and colors suggests the Yin/Yang principle. Yin/Yang is the concept that all things in life are balanced via opposites and these opposites are equal halves of the whole. Female/Male, white/black, light/dark, are all examples of this polarity that is the basic foundation of this concept. Therefore, when looking at the Tiger Totem and its beautiful coat of mixed patterns and colors, it becomes evident that this is a creature being that possesses the balance of energies we may understand best as Yin/Yang.

As an animal totem, Tiger will walk beside the two-legged who is one of extremes in nature, feelings, and temperament. These are the individuals who run either hot or cold, full of passion or completely detached, there are very few periods of lukewarm for the Tiger Soul.

The challenge for these two-legged's is in finding the balance between extremes and understanding that the two halves are not contradictions of one another, but parts of an integrate Whole. By experiencing first one facet of life, feeling and being then the “opposite", the Tiger learns the importance of Balance.

Often times, the two legged with Tiger as an Animal Totem, will walk through the flames of hell and back several times during their lifetime. Many painful lessons will be encountered wherein he/she will expend themselves to the point of exhaustion and utter depletion, to then arise like the Phoenix out of their own ashes and begin a new cycle of growth and learning. Life for these souls is experienced whole heartedly and experiences which may discourage other less motivated individuals are frequently perceived by the Tiger individual as a challenge to be met head on and conquered.

When the two-legged with this awesome Animal Spirit comes to recognize the necessity of balance and harmony, the result is a wonderfully integrated human being. In so merging with the higher octave of Yin/Yang energy, the Tiger Soul embraces his/her inheritance of true Power and Integration.

Lunar Magic

Many myths and animal legends hold the Tiger as a Sister to the Moon, the contrast between her orange fur and black stripes once more reflecting the polarities of light and darkness which are symbolic representations of the two complete phases of the New and Full Moon. Such animals which are closely related to lunar cycles are recognized as possessing a particular form of magic including enchantments, summoning and assisting those souls who are departing from the physical plane across to the Blue Road of Spirit.

When Tiger walks beside a two-legged, the human counterpart will often be imbued with a particularly strong intuition and sense of timing. This "inner knowing" is an unconscious alignment between the two-legged and the Moon’s cycles.

Esoterically, the Moon represents the past, emotions, and all that is “hidden.” Hidden aspects include our subconscious minds, past life memories, which exist just below the surface of conscious thought, past programming, repressed thoughts and the realms and dimensions which are not visible to the physical eye.

As the Tiger Soul appears to have an uncanny sense of timing, in reality, he/she is closely in sync with the Full and New Moon. During the three day cycle (build-up, culmination and ebb) of the New Moon, the two-legged with Tiger as an Animal Totem, instinctively recognizes that now is the time to begin new projects, to leap with full force out into the world in a self-actualizing manner that will produce positive results. During the three day cycle of the Full Moon, Tiger Soul recognizes that this is the time to gather, sift through the past to uncover those habits, ideas and thoughts which have outlived their purpose. During the phase of the New Moon, those outdated modes can be discarded in favor of new ideas and plans. Also, the Full Moon is the time in which the seeds planted during the cycle of the New Moon have germinated and are producing fruit.

When operating from Contrary Medicine (Shadow energy), Tiger is impulsive, rash and hurried, for he has not yet learned the value of appropriate timing or the gift of contemplation. Such actions will often lead the two-legged beside whom Tiger journeys, down a pathway of painful lessons that are constructed to teach the Tiger Soul the importance of listening to the inner voice within which instructs them when to leap, and when to lie still.

In so recognizing the essential ebb and flow of cycles, phases and all life, the Tiger individual aligns him/her Self with the Hanwi (Moon) and inherits much of the magic as well as the magic that is associated with the moon’s silver light. The more in tune with his/her intuitive, receptive and emotional side Tiger becomes, the more he/she listens to the subtle vibrations of the soul’s directive and responds accordingly, the more developed the abilities of mystical perception and transformative medicine which are part of the inheritance this beautiful and noble Animal Spirit carries. Then, two-legged and Tiger blend in perfect balance between passion and calm, pride and humility, action and contemplation in the splendid dance of a soul unfolding.

Back to top Go down
GemLover
Co-Creator of Reality
Co-Creator of Reality

Animal Totems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 2:59 am

Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

Animal Totems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 9:08 pm

Wow, cool info Gem. I have a tiger totem from childhood. Always used to see tiger eyes behind my lids. Even now I have a giant poster of a tiger behind my bedhead that represents strength. I am so captivated whenever I stare into it's eyes.

And here is that song performed on one of my favourite shows, Supernatural:

Back to top Go down

Animal Totems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 9:17 pm

Wow Gem, thanks for putting up that video of the guy from x factor. Wow! What an amazing performance. That was incredible! Did he win? I didn't watch x factor this last season. He really bought out the power and presence of the tiger didn't he? Very nice! :cheery:
Back to top Go down

Animal Totems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 9:22 pm

Gotta love those supernatural boys! hugslf
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

Animal Totems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 10:16 pm

I thought you were gonna post that you have a Dean Winchester totem Nuelma Wink
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

Animal Totems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 10:20 pm

Nuelma wrote:
Wow Gem, thanks for putting up that video of the guy from x factor. Wow! What an amazing performance. That was incredible! Did he win? I didn't watch x factor this last season. He really bought out the power and presence of the tiger didn't he? Very nice! :cheery:

It's almost like he's channelling - incredible performance!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Animal Totems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Animal Totems
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next