Psyche
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Soul, Many Journeys

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cemeteries and their beauty

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

Cemeteries and their beauty Empty
PostSubject: Cemeteries and their beauty   Cemeteries and their beauty Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 12:38 am

I know, I know - some parts of the goth in me refuse to die lol. I have always loved the stone masonry and aesthetic beauty found in cemeteries. They are like silent art galleries or stone playgrounds to me. So I thought I would start a thread of appreciation for them to post pics in.

Cemeteries and their beauty Image-4

Cemeteries and their beauty GALVESTON-CEMETERY

Cemeteries and their beauty Cloister_cemetery
Back to top Go down
http://lightwarriors.heavenforum.com/
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

PostSubject: Re: Cemeteries and their beauty   Cemeteries and their beauty Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 12:40 am

Cemeteries and their beauty Cemetery_v

Cemeteries and their beauty Statue_at_Metairie_Cemetery

Cemeteries and their beauty Cemeteries%20stories%20in%20stone
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

PostSubject: Re: Cemeteries and their beauty   Cemeteries and their beauty Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 12:43 am

Cemeteries and their beauty Hrbitovy

Cemeteries and their beauty Memorial-sales-headstones
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Co-Conscious with Oneness

PostSubject: Re: Cemeteries and their beauty   Cemeteries and their beauty Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 1:12 am

Goth I Love this thread you started here. Cool

The funny thing about it to me is that when my mom & dad where first dating, my dad used to take my mother parking in the cemeteries.

I BE-live there is " LIGHT " to BE found there ALL-so.

Cemeteries and their beauty 2339378687_abb0f93718 Wink
Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Cemeteries and their beauty   Cemeteries and their beauty Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 1:32 am

Cemeteries and their beauty Graveyard_photography_37
Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Cemeteries and their beauty   Cemeteries and their beauty Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 1:37 am

Cemeteries and their beauty Tumblr_l1czez4blI1qbzf6ho1_500
Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Cemeteries and their beauty   Cemeteries and their beauty Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 1:44 am

Cemeteries and their beauty 759052589_005281e86f
Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Cemeteries and their beauty   Cemeteries and their beauty Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 1:48 am

Cemeteries and their beauty Graveyard_photography_01
Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Cemeteries and their beauty   Cemeteries and their beauty Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 1:51 am

Cemeteries and their beauty Graveyard_photography_03
Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Cemeteries and their beauty   Cemeteries and their beauty Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 1:53 am

Cemeteries and their beauty Graveyard_photography_07
Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Cemeteries and their beauty   Cemeteries and their beauty Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 1:56 am

Cemeteries and their beauty Graveyard_photography_02
Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Cemeteries and their beauty   Cemeteries and their beauty Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 2:23 am

Cemeteries and their beauty Graveyard_photography_16
Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Cemeteries and their beauty   Cemeteries and their beauty Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 2:25 am

Cemeteries and their beauty Graveyard_photography_10
Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Cemeteries and their beauty   Cemeteries and their beauty Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 2:27 am

Cemeteries and their beauty Graveyard_photography_18
Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Cemeteries and their beauty   Cemeteries and their beauty Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 2:29 am

Cemeteries and their beauty Graveyard_photography_20
Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Cemeteries and their beauty   Cemeteries and their beauty Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 2:31 am

Cemeteries and their beauty Graveyard_photography_31
Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Cemeteries and their beauty   Cemeteries and their beauty Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 2:32 am

Cemeteries and their beauty Graveyard_photography_22
Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Cemeteries and their beauty   Cemeteries and their beauty Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 2:34 am

Cemeteries and their beauty Graveyard_photography_23
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

PostSubject: Re: Cemeteries and their beauty   Cemeteries and their beauty Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 2:39 am

too true sweety, too true...i spent a good deal of my late teens and early twenties sitting in cemeteries or exploring them. They weren't places of sadness, but the way home in my mind. At the time I was fed up with the sadness and the pain of this world and longed to return to the peace of spirit. I knew those bodies buried in the ground were not the final resting place of the souls they contained in life...but to leave this world, we must unbind our souls from our body and go forth into the light so to me, the cemetery was like the boarding gate for the ride home...there's a sense of humility and awe that gathers inside me when I look at these pictures of the angels and headstones and mementos of lives lived...stories both told and untold and of course the lessons that brought these souls here in the first place. Cemeteries are like the archives of life - a place to file the bones of long done tales.
Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Cemeteries and their beauty   Cemeteries and their beauty Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 3:42 am

Yes Goth, it's like you just took me back to the roots of the matter and I FEEL WE are ALL Born of this Mother EARTH and what a great place to lay ONE-s files to REST, archives of life as you put it.

I quess I come here to get (WELL) rooted in life and grounded, so to speak, but I still would like to BE cremated and have my ashes sprinkled a long side the pond where I live NOW. So that I can continue to learn and LIVE in SPIRIT and Still DANCE with the Faeries ( Nature Spirits) by the pond.

Bless You follow dream

zombi

Cemeteries and their beauty Ravens_moon_black_cat_crow_gothic_art_postcard-p239624423985159599trdg_400

Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Cemeteries and their beauty   Cemeteries and their beauty Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 3:56 am

GothiKat wrote:
too true sweety, too true...i spent a good deal of my late teens and early twenties sitting in cemeteries or exploring them. They weren't places of sadness, but the way home in my mind.

Cemeteries and their beauty Il_fullxfull.78547763
Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Cemeteries and their beauty   Cemeteries and their beauty Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 4:08 am

Cemeteries and their beauty Blog85
Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Cemeteries and their beauty   Cemeteries and their beauty Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 4:21 am

I HOPE you don't mind me posting so much here, as I FEEL I'm BE-ing guided on some kind of SOUL (Sol) Journey with you right NOW.

Cemeteries and their beauty Il_fullxfull.93194519
Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Cemeteries and their beauty   Cemeteries and their beauty Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 4:43 am

Cemeteries and their beauty IMG_0137

I personally like the animal cemeteries just for the names alone. Where else are you going to see a weiner dog named Woody?

By Joe Dallmann

Laughing

Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

PostSubject: Re: Cemeteries and their beauty   Cemeteries and their beauty Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 6:58 am

Post away sis, that's what we're here for :apl:

Lol, yes I think humor is important in life and death. There is so much fear surrounding death and we need to break it down into what it is: a natural transition. I feel it's only because we forget that we are spirit in a human vehicle that we build this wall of fear about what's on the other side of dying. I have my moments where I fall back into that chasm of believing that I won't exist beyond death and that scares me. But then I think back to all the evidence I have witnessed that has proven otherwise. Looking at these images gives me a sense of calmness. I can't put into words the profound effect it has...all I know is that it doesn't make me squirm or want to hide my eyes in fear. And when I used to sit in the graveyards, I would 'hear' the dead vibrationally and it was a comfort. It was like absorbing their wisdom through all my cells and having that innate knowing that everything is and will be alright forever. I doubt that it was ghosts but more the energetic residue of the lives archived in those plots that I was sensing. The spirit of my stillborn daughter is around me frequently here at home and it feels worlds away from that vibratory signature.

In any case, I don't believe cemeteries to be spooky places. They are more like boarding platforms for the after life...

Cemeteries and their beauty Graveyard_by_hero_of_the_grave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cemeteries and their beauty   Cemeteries and their beauty Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cemeteries and their beauty
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next