Psyche
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Soul, Many Journeys

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to Heal Toxic Thoughts

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Solane Star
Co-Conscious with Oneness

How to Heal Toxic Thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: How to Heal Toxic Thoughts    How to Heal Toxic Thoughts  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 10:48 pm

by Sandra Ingerman

One night I had a powerful dream. I was standing around a water cooler with a group of coworkers. Our conversation seemed to be cordial, but I became aware that some of the workers were sending psychic/invisible "punches" to the others. I would say to one who'd been punched, "Are you okay?" And then to the other, "Did you see what you just did?" I was shocked by how unconscious people were of their behavior.

My dream showed the power of our invisible interactions. When we observe how people behave, there may not seem to be any hostility. We may see a smile on the face of someone listening to us. But what is happening on an invisible level? What feelings are we triggering in him or her through our conversation or our presence?

We have an invisible dimension that we call spirit - an aspect I call "who we are beyond our skin". We can't see this part of ourselves, but together with body and mind it makes up our whole being. Whenever we interact with others in the physical world an invisible exchange of energy is taking place too.

Here are some common phrases we use to describe the behavior of others:

He's being pushy.
She's invading my space.
I felt beaten down.
He was kicked when he was down.
She stabbed me in the back.
I felt like there were daggers coming out of his eyes.
The group was held hostage by his behavior.
The room was filled with explosive energy.
I made a suggestion but I was shot down.

The energy of violence acts on an invisible, psychic level, but it impacts both our physical health and our psychological well-being. The energy is palpable. We simply do not feel well on any level when we live and work in an environment that is filled with negative energy.

All indigenous cultures understand that there is a difference between sending negative energy, such as anger, and merely expressing it. When someone expresses anger without sending out that "poison arrow", he or she is simply acknowledging the feeling of anger, but the anger has no force or movement that could cause harm to another. In our culture, where we only acknowledge what is happening on a visible level, we deny this other level of awareness, so we send our "poison arrows" unconsciously, not realizing the harm we do.

It is important to understand that having emotions and expressing emotions is part of the human condition. We know from research conducted that when we don't express our emotions illness can occur.

At the same time it is important for us to look at what kind of situations and interactions trigger us. We must stop the reaction and learn how to express our thoughts and feelings while at the same time transforming the energy to positive energy that is healing energy for the planet.

For thousands of years spiritual teachings have taught that our outer world is a reflection of our own inner state of consciousness.

When we look at the environmental pollution and the state of the world today we are seeing a reflection of our own inner world. If we want to change the world we need to focus our intention on changing ourselves.

It is time for us to bridge spiritual practices into the outer work that is being done to heal the environment and to bring peace into the world.

All spiritual traditions teach that everything manifests on the spiritual level before it manifests on the physical. By bringing spiritual practices into our lives is a place where we all have power to create personal and planetary change.

It is possible transform who you are in the world so that you can become a true expression of peace.

In November, 2007 I wrote 10 Ways to Transform Toxic Thoughts for a website called Beliefnet.com. Here are some ways to try to work with the energetic around your problematic thoughts and emotions. In this way you begin to radiate love and light in the world creating change for all of life.

Breathing is one of the simplest ways to transform energy. This is an exercise you can do throughout your day: Place your hands on your heart and feel your heart moving as you breathe. This is calming, and feeds the energy of love, peace, and harmony in the world.

Before reacting to a challenging situation, try emoting as you watch your reflection in a mirror. No one wants to see herself acting out in a toxic way. You may feel silly, but don't let this stop you. Taking ourselves too seriously is one of the causes of negative thoughts.

Stress can make us act in ways we might regret later on. It is OK to have problematic emotions, and it's important to acknowledge your feelings. Just be careful not to send the energy as a "poison dart" to yourself, others, or into the world.

The energy behind your emotions goes to all living beings. If confronted by someone who triggers problematic emotions for you, think of a loved one and impose his or her image on the face of person challenging you. For example, you might work with the face of a baby kitten, puppy, or your favorite flower.

Your words, like thoughts and emotions, have the power to change your experience and the world we live in. This applies to both the words we say out loud to others as well as self-talk. If you tell yourself that you're not a good person, you begin to manifest this reality. Fill your mind with positive words and this is how your life will unfold. "Abraq ad habra" is Aramaic and means "I will create as I speak". We said this phrase many times as children as "abracadabra" without knowing what we were really saying.

Never pity others who you perceive as suffering - this only pushes them deeper into a hold. When you see people in their divine light and perfection you help give them the strength they need to deal with their troubles. Remember that your perception creates your reality.

We are part of nature. When we are in a state of stress we are cut off from the nurturing we receive from the elements - earth, air, water, and fire (as in the sun) - and we can actually become ill. Nature is a great healer. Take time out and connect with the natural world whenever you can.

The life-force of water can wash away your pain, and the simplest activities can have a healing effect. As you wash your hands, take a shower, or stand in the rain, visualize negative energy flowing from you and being transformed into light.

If you feel someone is psychically attacking you or being energetically hostile toward you, imagine a protective light surrounding you. Some people think of a white energy field; I imagine being enclosed in a translucent blue egg. Find a color that works for you. This will protect you from any harmful energies being sent your way.

You do not have to be the receiver of negative and toxic energy from others. You can return the energy you don't wish to receive with love. Responding with love will prevent you from moving into attack position and creating more negative energy. It is only love that heals.

Sandra Ingerman.com
Back to top Go down
Seer
Channeler
Channeler
Seer

PostSubject: Re: How to Heal Toxic Thoughts    How to Heal Toxic Thoughts  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 2:05 am

I am a very positive, loving and kind person. I recently have been questioning myself and my thoughts lately as I have had fluxuating mood swings due to a flare up of Lyme Disease. I am greatly aware of these mood swings, but try as I may, I cannot prevent them and do my best to control them. I don't want these moods to impact anyone around me. My daughter says my Aura explodes, expands and covers everyone. When I realize that my emotions have shifted I send a wave of love and light to all surrounding me. It usually counteracts anything that happened previously.

I just pray and meditate that the disease will finally be released entirely from my body and not just "go dormant"

Back to top Go down
GemLover
Co-Creator of Reality
Co-Creator of Reality

PostSubject: Re: How to Heal Toxic Thoughts    How to Heal Toxic Thoughts  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 9:50 pm

Such useful information Solane. Thank you for this.

Perhaps the most difficult one for me is not to feel pity for those who we perceive to be suffering. For example, I've realised that it actually really hurts me when those I love are suffering. So in feeling that hurt, it is very hard for me to shake the feeling; and when I try to see the person in their perfection, it sometimes feels a little bit like I'm ignoring the problem. I would like to work on that, but I also feel like I don't want to forget the problem in case it stops me from helping. It's a little bit the same with the Christchurch earthquake.
Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: How to Heal Toxic Thoughts    How to Heal Toxic Thoughts  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 3:26 am

BUMP-ing it-UP with positive thoughts :cheery:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to Heal Toxic Thoughts    How to Heal Toxic Thoughts  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 5:02 am

Quote :
Never pity others who you perceive as suffering...

Like GemLover, I had a hard time reading this. I was "with" the author up until that point. We are not supposed to feel for others? Interesting, also, the two words "you perceive"... we are supposed to believe that others don't actually suffer, we just perceive it that way?

What was written about "poison arrows" and "invisible energy" seems to be solid observation. No arguments here. But I shrink from anything that smacks of cold-heartedness and apathy.
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

PostSubject: Re: How to Heal Toxic Thoughts    How to Heal Toxic Thoughts  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 12:18 am

You do not have to be the receiver of negative and toxic energy from others. You can return the energy you don't wish to receive with love. Responding with love will prevent you from moving into attack position and creating more negative energy. It is only love that heals.

No you don't. Unless it is karmically due, then removing it through love is actually a step backwards because the karma remains until the next opportunity arises for it to be expressed.

Love is the answer to everything isn't it? Then why do we have so much trouble starting with ourselves and loving who we are or having self love? Try pouring water out of an empty cup. It is the same as offering love from an empty heart.

Toxicity and negativity exist as experiences to enhance our learning. Yes you can protect yourself but it only removes you from the symptom and not the cause - which of course is an experience or situation of learning set up here on Earth to expand the growth of your soul. Perfect example: Everytime I drive over a certain dirt road, there are holes which my car often goes through causing a loud band and the front end of the car to bounce uncomfortably. So next time, to protect myself from the discomfort, I take a different road. It rains and that road develops potholes which my car drives through producing the loud bang and discomfort all over again. Okay, I think. I will send loving thoughts to my car and the road and the journey will flow with ease. So I get in my car, take the road with the potholes taking care to drive around them. I am almost to the end of the road when another driver in front of me hits the brakes suddenly to avoid a pothole and my car runs into him. There is a loud bang in the front end and yet again I feel discomfort. Message received: If you do not get the lesson, it will be repeated and presented differently until you do get it. Hint: Do not put off till tomorrow what you can do today. Don't wait until it costs you your whole front end and a trip to hospital.

By all means, guard against damage and attack, but be aware why it has come into your sphere of existence. Ask yourself questions. Look for patterns. Take it outside the arena of normal everyday occurrence. Look at the weather and the planet configurations and the consensus of human attitude at the time. Factor in where and why you are the target. Be realistic - are you the target? Where is life out of balance? Where are YOU out of balance?
Back to top Go down
http://lightwarriors.heavenforum.com/

PostSubject: Re: How to Heal Toxic Thoughts    How to Heal Toxic Thoughts  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 12:50 am

Good to see you posting again, Kat. (We need a thumbs-up graphic here.)
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

PostSubject: Re: How to Heal Toxic Thoughts    How to Heal Toxic Thoughts  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 1:19 am

Thanks Guru, but I feel a little antagonistic in my posts. Having a little transitional fluctuation as I assimilate new guides and find my voice again with the information coming through.
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

PostSubject: Re: How to Heal Toxic Thoughts    How to Heal Toxic Thoughts  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 1:19 am

Cool There is the thumbs up graphic lol.
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

PostSubject: Re: How to Heal Toxic Thoughts    How to Heal Toxic Thoughts  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 1:20 am

urok follow dream bravo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to Heal Toxic Thoughts    How to Heal Toxic Thoughts  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 1:31 am

Quote :
Thanks Guru, but I feel a little antagonistic in my posts.

No worries; I'm sure we can all see that you're going through something, and bits of the frustration of it are bound to leak out. Only natural. We're here for you, spirit sister.
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

PostSubject: Re: How to Heal Toxic Thoughts    How to Heal Toxic Thoughts  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 11:18 pm

Thanks, much appreciated. hugslf
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Heal Toxic Thoughts    How to Heal Toxic Thoughts  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1