Psyche
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Soul, Many Journeys

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Moving your Outbursts

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Solane Star
Co-Conscious with Oneness

Moving your Outbursts  Empty
PostSubject: Moving your Outbursts    Moving your Outbursts  Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 1:48 pm

Molly Hall About.com
Moving your Outbursts
Saturday May 7, 2011

All your emotional fortifications, even some you didn't know you had can explode under this highly charged Cancer Moon weekend. Nearly every cosmic body squares the Cancer Moon through Sunday, setting things that were way on the backburner, to broil/boil. Since it's personal, crabby Cancer in play, being provoked could cause us to lose all perspective. Yes, it could get messy. There can be agitation, surprise attacks, meltdowns.

The upside is catharsis, surprises at home that hit the re-set button, or you're freed from a swampy, heavy messy emotional quagmire. The Moon Cancer evokes emotional origins, like Mother, home, family patterns. And cravings for safety, belonging, nurturance and home. A key theme here, since the Moon Cancer meets many Aries planets (Uranus, Venus, Mercury, Jupiter and Mars) is emotional independence.

This weekend's aspects fire up the need to burn off stagnation, in order to travel lighter. This is a wonderful chance to see any tired responses that come from old wounds/ways, and let them go. Be curious about what's triggered, if anything, and see how it can be re-channeled toward something fresh, new, alive.

Since this is cardinal, initiating energy, and Aries is a very physical sign, the right thing might be to start moving, instead of being inert. If this kind of tension stays in the head, it could lead to headaches easily, or tantrums. This kind of intensity needs a place to go!

So this weekend, I'll be moving, because I sense that's the medicine I need now. On movement, Gabrielle Roth writes in Maps of Ecstacy, "Movement isn't only meditation; it's also medicine that heals the split between our minds and hearts, bodies and soul. Movement as meditation makes us aware that there's a lot of stuff between us and the ecstatic experience. By stuff, I mean all forms of inertia -- physical, emotional, mental. Each of us must carve a path through our own inner wilderness. Movement as medicine gives us a way to dynamically tranformal all that inertia into energy and, ultimately, ecstasy."

Many of us don't have outlets to move this stuff around. As kids, if we're lucky, we moved a lot, played outside, created games that allowed for drama, competition, make-believe. Stretching is a good start. I admire how my Mom (a Cancer) walks or goes to her Total Body Recall class every day. She's an intense, complex woman and like most Cancerians, has all-consuming moods. In her early 70s now, this is something I respect about her -- that she always takes the time to get that daily catharsis she needs through exercise.

So if you find yourself at your edge, with pent up energy, try moving it. Get out of your head and into your body. Maybe something as simple as dancing freeform to music (or getting inspiration from the 5 Rhythms site linked above). If something is catalyzed into your awareness, from your depths, this could be the start of something new! It might not seem like it at first, but what rises to be seen and integrated, means more energy for you, in the present moment. Have an outburst-y weekend, and Happy Mother's Day!

Astrology.About.com
Back to top Go down
Solane Star

Moving your Outbursts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving your Outbursts    Moving your Outbursts  Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 2:00 pm

Solane Star wrote:
Moving your Outbursts

Emotional Independence.

This weekend's aspects fire up the need to burn off stagnation, in order to travel lighter. This is a wonderful chance to see any tired responses that come from old wounds/ways, and let them go. Be curious about what's triggered, if anything, and see how it can be re-channeled toward something fresh, new, alive.

Since this is cardinal, initiating energy, and Aries is a very physical sign, the right thing might be to start moving, instead of being inert. If this kind of tension stays in the head, it could lead to headaches easily, or tantrums. This kind of intensity needs a place to go!

So this weekend, I'll be moving, because I sense that's the medicine I need now. On movement, Gabrielle Roth writes in Maps of Ecstacy, "Movement isn't only meditation; it's also medicine that heals the split between our minds and hearts, bodies and soul. Movement as meditation makes us aware that there's a lot of stuff between us and the ecstatic experience. By stuff, I mean all forms of inertia -- physical, emotional, mental. Each of us must carve a path through our own inner wilderness. Movement as medicine gives us a way to dynamically tranformal all that inertia into energy and, ultimately, ecstasy."

So if you find yourself at your edge, with pent up energy, try moving it. Get out of your head and into your body. Maybe something as simple as dancing freeform to music (or getting inspiration from the 5 Rhythms site linked above). If something is catalyzed into your awareness, from your depths, this could be the start of something new! It might not seem like it at first, but what rises to be seen and integrated, means more energy for you, in the present moment. Have an outburst-y weekend, and Happy Mother's Day!

Cool Work it OUT & PLAY it FORWARD
Back to top Go down

Moving your Outbursts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Psyche :: Spirituality :: Astrology & Astronomy-
Jump to: