Psyche
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Soul, Many Journeys

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Do you give to get ?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Solane Star
Co-Conscious with Oneness
Co-Conscious with Oneness

Do you give to get ? Empty
PostSubject: Do you give to get ?   Do you give to get ? Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 10:49 pm

Do you give to get?

"I have sensed a growing discontent amongst many who are on their spiritual path. A common theme appears to be -- ‘I have been serving God for so long and have given up so much and it has been such a struggle -- when am I going to get my reward?’"

-- Wendy Munroe

It’s interesting to become aware of how we participate in the dynamic exchange of giving and receiving. When we give, do we do so whole-heartedly? Or do we do so with the ulterior motive of wanting something in return?

It’s not wise to be always looking for a deal. The universe never short-changes us. We can afford to be generous. The Koran spells out a value-for-value principle. When something of value is given, something of value must be returned.

"It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving."

-- Mother Teresa

Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

Do you give to get ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you give to get ?   Do you give to get ? Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 12:50 am

"It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving."

-- Mother Teresa

Cool

Balance exists in all things

It is a sad observation that the world works on supply and demand instead of natural principles. There are times when giving IS the gift. How do you repay someone for a kind word at a critical point in your life? How do you say thank you to the person who died in a car crash but left their organs to save other people's lives? There is a higher intelligence at work which grants these favours and rewards the sender. Giving is not the same as supplying where a payment is expected. Giving is a heart activity. Expect nothing in return and then anything that does come your way is also a gift.
Back to top Go down
http://lightwarriors.heavenforum.com/

Do you give to get ?
Page 1 of 1