Psyche
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Soul, Many Journeys

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tips For Enjoying Everyday Life

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

Tips For Enjoying Everyday Life Empty
PostSubject: Tips For Enjoying Everyday Life   Tips For Enjoying Everyday Life Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 10:20 pm

Tips For Enjoying Everyday Life Reiki-dog

Do you live in an everyday world where idealized notions of what life should be like obfuscate your enjoyment of the present? These notions include situations like finding the perfect car, the perfect marriage, the perfect children, the perfect school, the perfect home, and the best memories. If you have learned anything from the hardest lessons in your life, it is hopefully this – no amount of longing creates a future as perfect as a fairy tale. Using your own willpower, you shape your reality. If you can move past idealistic views of how life should be and rejoice in everyday life, you can get more out of the present.

Here are five tips for enjoying the present instead of setting yourself up for emptiness and disappointment:

1. Each day wake up and inhale fresh air deeply into your lungs. Fresh air is a gift from the universe or the divine (depending on how you look at it). Make the most of each day by breathing evenly and living one moment at a time. Instruction in tai-chi or yoga can provide you with new breathing techniques.

2. Look around you and appreciate the beauty of nature. When you spend all day running from one job to the next, it is easy to miss the scent of freshly cut grass and the musty smell of wet leaves after a heavy rain. When you open your eyes beyond your little bubble, you can discover nature’s everyday wonders.

3. Earth is a fragile home for humans, and some people live each day without giving thought to the impact of their habits. Brainstorm what you can do to protect the Earth by taking the time to recycle and conserve natural resources.

Tips For Enjoying Everyday Life 65646090_1-Pictures-of-ReikiSeichem

Improve Your Self-Esteem

You are so stupid. You are so lazy. You are an idiot.

It’s not an enemy saying these things to you. This is the voice inside your own head. It makes even the smallest mistake seem like disaster. It brings up your worst transgressions at your most triumphant moments. It comes between you and the people you love. This voice is the source of loneliness and doubt.

What you may not know is that this voice is a learned habit. You say these things when you are feeling inadequate. You can break this habit and plant more empowering thoughts into your mind.

Change the Lyrics

The words you use against yourself are self-fulfilling prophecies. You tell yourself that you are stupid so you fail the test. You keep thinking about your social ineptitude, so you contribute nothing to the conversation. The next time you find yourself thinking in a negative way, correct yourself- say the opposite of what you’ve been saying.

Better Yourself

What stops most people from moving beyond low self-esteem is the suspicion that the negative things you believe about yourself are true. You may have done or said some things you are ashamed of and these experiences affect everything you do.

source:spiritual metaphysics

Back to top Go down
http://lightwarriors.heavenforum.com/
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

PostSubject: Re: Tips For Enjoying Everyday Life   Tips For Enjoying Everyday Life Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 10:51 pm

12 Easy Ways To Become More Conscious

Tips For Enjoying Everyday Life Consciousness

Each day, more people are awakening to the realization that we are connected at a much deeper level—to each other, to the planet, and to the universe at large. Consciousness is blossoming, and I truly believe we are living in a time where humanity will awaken to a new reality that is marked by peace, sustainability, social justice and love.

But we are not there yet, and most human beings still feel completely isolated and alone (a phenomenon that has been referred to as “the human dilemma” throughout history, among other things). Conscious living is not the norm…yet.

There are volumes and volumes written about the illusion the human mind perpetuates; the greatest thinkers in human history—Jesus, Buddha, Emerson, Descartes, Gandhi and countless others—explored the implications of the mind and theorized about a time of conscious enlightenment.

Tips For Enjoying Everyday Life New_consciousness_2

Although many people are becoming intellectually aware of what “consciousness” refers to, they have not yet made the leap to integrating this type of awareness into their own lives. The thing about consciousness is this: it has to be personally experienced for it to permeate an individual’s life, and there has to be a critical mass of people experiencing it to generate a cultural tipping point.

In my opinion, there is nothing more important than this pursuit– it can be the very thing that saves humanity and planet earth! With that said here are 12 excellent practices for starting yourself down a path of increased awareness and heightened consciousness:

1. Start Being More Present

This means participating in whatever activity you are engaged with 100% focus and attention. Remember, the “past” is nothing but previously experienced versions of what was the present, as the future is nothing but present moments that have not occurred yet. There really is nothing but a continual NOW, a forever stream of “present” moments, and once you start realizing this you start paying more attention to the NOW and can become a very conscious person.

2. When in the Shower, Really Experience It

A simple and fun way to start integrating “being present” is in the shower. Showering can be SO enjoyable, and I bet it has become a perfunctory activity in your life with much less enjoyment than it really deserves. You will thank me for this: next time you are in the shower really feel the hot water pouring over your head and body. Pay close attention to the sensation of soap and shampoo coursing on your skin. Notice the showerhead, curtain and tiles as if for the first time. This can be SO enlightening and enjoyable, and can get you on the path to living more consciously.

Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

PostSubject: Re: Tips For Enjoying Everyday Life   Tips For Enjoying Everyday Life Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 10:59 pm

3. Start Noticing People in a Different Manner

Most of us are on “automatic pilot” when it comes to our mindset concerning the people in our lives. Very rarely do we step out of our pre-existing perceptions of friends, co-workers and family and look at them in a different manner. But noticing people’s uniqueness can be a useful gateway to consciousness– start becoming aware of their voice, the way they walk, mannerisms etc…as if you are perceiving them for the first time. This will give you a fresh perspective.

4. Notice Your Surroundings

Likewise, how often do you really notice your surroundings? I challenge you to take one full day and begin noticing all the unique features of your home, car, office, or wherever you spend a lot of time. You will be shocked when you start noticing colors, angles, sounds, etc…that you did not previously notice and were seemingly not there before. The thing is, they WERE there; you have just chosen to be conscious of them today. Learn from this exercise.

Tips For Enjoying Everyday Life Iamlove

5. Take a Different Angle

To take this a step further, a wonderful way to bring about consciousness is to intentionally change your angle and view on things. This may sound crazy, but next time you are home, stand on a table and start seeing your house in a different light. When at the office, stand on a desk, or even sit under one, to change perspective. How does this generate consciousness you may ask? Consciousness is all about awareness, and when you start seeing things from different angles you attain a wider understanding of them, and become more aware in general. Try it!

6. Take a Few Moments Each Day to be STILL

Stillness is essential for consciousness to transpire in your life. Your chatterbox thrives on activity and action, and persuades you to constantly be saying, thinking or doing something. Purposefully remaining still for a few minutes every day slows things down, and eventually helps you feel universal connection between all things.

Tips For Enjoying Everyday Life Gaia_consciousness
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

PostSubject: Re: Tips For Enjoying Everyday Life   Tips For Enjoying Everyday Life Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 11:08 pm

7. Really Taste and Savor Your Food

Eating consciously is an AWESOME way to increase your connection with the universe. I bet 99.9% of the time you eat you are not paying attention to your food. And I mean really paying attention—how does it taste and smell, and what is the essence of it? What is the sensation the food gives your mouth, throat and stomach? How do you feel after you are done eating? This type of food awareness can be powerful and ultra-enjoyable!

8. Pay Close Attention to Your Sense of Smell

I think smell is the lost sense of our time. Unless something smells excessively foul, or outrageously delicious, we very rarely focus our attention to the sense of smell. Another challenge—start smelling things! For one day begin to notice how your office, car, and home really smell. Start integrating this lost sense into your daily experiences, and gain a more well-rounded perception of the world you are ensconced.

Tips For Enjoying Everyday Life Consciousness

9. Commit to Listening and Hearing Others

If smell is the lost sense, listening is the forgotten one. When we converse with people, our chatterbox is always preparing us for a response—it is actually very rare to be really listening to another person. Next time you are speaking to someone, notice this—see how your mind is busy at work forming a response to the other person’s language. Once you become aware of this, let it go and try just being there for them. Even if you have something relevant and pertinent to add, resist the temptation and just be there. This practice helps generate real connections with those in our lives, and is a gateway to conscious living.

10. Start Paying Attention to Your Breath

The breath is an excellent place to start for realizing the universal connection between all things. Even if you do not consider yourself a spiritual person, commit to sitting in silence with your breath for at least 5 minutes each day. This is a very powerful exercise. Notice it flow into and out of your body, and just be present to its existence. Let the chatterbox in your head fade away and be present to the coolness of air rushing into the nostrils and the warmth of air exiting them.

11. Feel Your Body Parts

Tips For Enjoying Everyday Life HomepageImage

Similarly, feeling your body parts connects your mind and body in a very unique way, and helps expand your general consciousness. After taking a few deep breaths, start noticing your different body parts. Just feel blood flowing, heart pumping, and anything else that crosses the field of consciousness. Just be there with the body.

12. Meditate

Meditation is the practice of stillness and awareness, and helps create “gaps” of consciousness where the continuous voice of ego is put aside. Quieting the chatterbox is hard work, and the more you feel as if you don’t have the ability to meditate, the more cut off from universal connection you probably are…and the more you need the practice.

In my opinion, there is nothing more important than the awakening and realization of consciousness– both personally and collectively. Start integrating these practices to heighten your awareness of the interconnectedness of all things. Begin to live consciously.

source:wethechange

Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Co-Conscious with Oneness
Co-Conscious with Oneness

PostSubject: Re: Tips For Enjoying Everyday Life   Tips For Enjoying Everyday Life Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 2:10 am

Like a Star @ heaven Wink Like a Star @ heaven

Talk about GREAT TIPS & INSPIRATIONAL posts these three threads that you just posted, " Tips for en-JOY-ing Everyday Life ", " Open Your HEART- Return to HEART Consciousness ", and " Desiderata ".

These 3 posts here have BE-en play-ing out in my life for sometime NOW, and have turned out to BE the most important part of my HEAL-ing Journey and re-CONNECTION with Who I REAL-ly AM. Like a Star @ heaven dragonfly Like a Star @ heaven

These posts here are so Dear to my HEART(Felt)

Divinely Guided and so Very BLESSED WE ALL ARE !! !! follow dream

Thanks for sharing these posts and for leading the wng grphug wng by your HEART Kat sweet

And this SHOWER Stuff, I've heard you Kat, talk about your shower's BE-fore in a many of your posts and this is where I do my BE-st work too, is in the shower, no one around. I ALL-ways say Thank-You for the water, Hot Water, shower shelter(Tub), private , Inner & Outer Energy Clean-SING-s & Purifications, Thank-You for ALL my HEAL-ing soaps and herbs, for my HEAL-th & WELL-BE-ing my Shower Spirit Guides for help-ing me connect to ALL these gifts, Tips and BLESS-ings. Oh, the list goes on & on. bbt

I've BE-en starting to think that I need to start doing some readings(channeling) in the shower, I recieve so many things and messages while in the shower, more in the shower than any other place in my house. idea ye

GothiKat wrote:
2. When in the Shower, Really Experience It

A simple and fun way to start integrating “being present” is in the shower. Showering can be SO enjoyable, and I bet it has become a perfunctory activity in your life with much less enjoyment than it really deserves. You will thank me for this: next time you are in the shower really feel the hot water pouring over your head and body. Pay close attention to the sensation of soap and shampoo coursing on your skin. Notice the showerhead, curtain and tiles as if for the first time. This can be SO enlightening and enjoyable, and can get you on the path to living more consciously.

rainbowsparkle

Thank-You rnbwstr spirit guide rnbwstr Kat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tips For Enjoying Everyday Life   Tips For Enjoying Everyday Life Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tips For Enjoying Everyday Life
Page 1 of 1