Psyche
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Soul, Many Journeys

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Animal Totems

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Animal Totems - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 3:05 am

All three guys would make great totems! :hehehe:
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Co-Creator of Reality
Co-Creator of Reality

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 4:30 am

The Altiyan totem... send luv heehee. Wink Yes Nuelma, he won!
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 9:38 pm

I've had some weird ones to work with this week...

Animal Totems - Page 2 Tawny-frogmouth-pair-2-web

Tawny Frogmouth

There were two of them and they were outside my bedroom and then my daughter's bedroom so I think that we both need to work with their wisdom which is camouflage, unity, oneness and breakthrough.

General Description:

The tawny frogmouth is a nocturnal bird with mottled grey or brown plumage that is excellent for camouflage on grey and brown trees. This is highlighted by the frogmouth's ability to extend its body to resemble a broken off tree branch. It closes its eyes to hide its startling red or orange eyes, but has even evolved two nicks in its eyelids to help it see while camouflaged. During the night they will attack potential predators by diving at them and clacking their beak together loudly.

Frogmouths have wide gapes, hence the name 'frogmouth.' They eat arthropods, small vertebrates and snails. Frogmouths nest between tree forks, and though the male incubates by day, both sexes will share incubation at night. They have broad wings and primary feathers fringed to help them fly silently. They are sadly quite slow to take off and are often harmed and killed in car collisions. They can make a very bass-like 'oom' noise, and will hiss if disturbed.

Animal Totems - Page 2 Bwhatnall080500027

Lessons and Challenges:

Tawny frogmouth shares the ability to understand your relationship to spirit and nature. Sometimes we lose sight of our place in the grand scheme of things, and then forget that we are always inter-connected with life around us. We are never truly separate from nature, even when we are physically alone, or feel spiritually lonely.

The spirit of tawny frogmouth teaches breakthrough. If there has been an issue bothering you for some time, or if you have been coasting on a plateau, frogmouth pushes you into the next phase. There will be literal breakthroughs in different areas of your life with frogmouth around. And consciously working with tawny frogmouth can create dramatic movement into new and healthful phases of your life.

The concept of synchronicity was developed fully by psychologist C. G. Jung. It refers to two or more events which occur, that are related to one another, and are quite meaningful and yet unrelated (for example, discovering a talent in art, only to have art classes start up down your street a week later). Conceptually it describes an inter-relationship in all things, cosmically and on the mundane level. Synchronicity when it occurs lets us know that everything works on some level with everything else. Sometimes it is obvious to us, sometimes it isn't. Tawny frogmouth is a good representative for the idea of synchronicity, and working with tawny frogmouth reminds us that the universe is working with a sense of harmony, even when we feel everything is descending into chaos.

In line with synchronicity, there is also an emphasis on things falling into their rightful place. Be aware at this time that some of aspects of your life will begin to run more smoothly. Situations will be resolved, and opposing ideas will start to find a common ground.

Tawny frogmouth teaches positive camouflage. Less healthy camouflage involves hiding ourselves from others to our own detriment. Positive camouflage is hiding ourselves (or facets of ourselves) from others in order to ensure our continued health and protection.

Tawny frogmouth uses positive camouflage in order to blend in with its environment and look like an extension of a tree, in response, it can avoid predation and is also less likely to be spotted by its prey. Frogmouth teaches us that the appropriate use of 'hiding from others' can actually be very healthy for us. At times it is perfectly alright to blend into the background, not disclose information about yourself, or become invisible. In fact doing this at a time when tawny frogmouth is around even reinforces your connection with nature.

There is a great theme of becoming one with nature, with Tawny Frogmouth. At a crude level, it 'becomes one,' by having evolved to look precisely like the trees that house it. It further approaches unification by changing its posture drastically to then 'become' the tree. Its very evolution has made it able to become a part of the nature around it. When tawny frogmouth has flown into your life, it is reminding you to actively, consciously reinforce your connection with nature. Go out into it, walk in it, research it and understand it, eventually you will learn that you possess a oneness with it which cannot be taken away from you; only hidden, until you are ready to realise it again.

The Shadow Aspects:

Tawny frogmouth suggests that you have lost touch not only with nature and the spirit, but you might even be questioning why such oneness and unity is necessary. Tawny frogmouth encourages you to breakthrough this time of despair and ambivalence towards nature and its energy. Such ambivalence at this time in your life is not nourishing, and can lead to a general disconnection from life and living.

Tawny frogmouth as a shadow aspect also challenges you to question your relationship to spirit in a provocative manner. It is not enough sometimes to simply 'know where you stand.' Sometimes you need to question everything you believe, shake it up, determine your needs, wants and desires, and determine the needs and wants of the great spirit in order to understand your place in this world. If you hide behind false beliefs and reassurances that all is well between yourself and the spirit, you may find that you drift even further away from unity with nature.

Communion:

Like all animal helpers, this animal will only appear when right and appropriate, and cannot be forced to visit you, commune with you, or share messages with you. Tawny frogmouth has a communicative face and eyes, and so you may find that when you encounter tawny frogmouth in journeying (and to a lesser degree, visualisation), verbal dialogue is less important than visual cues. After all, tawny frogmouth communicates very well with its body, from camouflaging in its environment, using its wide gape, and beak clacking to express displeasure etc. On an aside, if it's possible for a bird to be both cheerful and grumpy at the same time…

The one problem with consciously seeking out tawny frogmouth in journeying, is that they are often in camouflage when you find them, you may need a fair bit of time just to find it. I see it as a sort of 'test,' if you have the patience to locate the tawny frogmouth, then you're more likely to strike up a good and solid relationship with them. My encounters with tawny frogmouth are also quite spontaneous, he literally 'flies into my life.' If you live in Australia and encounter tawny frogmouths more frequently than usual, chances are, he's getting your attention to remind you of your connection to nature.

source: spheres of light

Hmm, there were two and it was day time which means they were both female -mother and daughter? And they were outside my room first and then my daughter's...and she was is the pool when she spotted them, then it began to rain...interesting. And our small fox terrier (whom we are almost certain is a reincarnation of the foxy we lost last year) kept barking at them from the living room. None of our other animals were worried by their presence. Perhaps he was trying to draw our attention to them?
Back to top Go down
http://lightwarriors.heavenforum.com/
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 9:48 pm

I've also had ants, fleas, cane toads, and ... drum roll please ...

Cockroaches

The Cockroach teaches us how to use what we have available to us for survival.
To clean out the dead and useless aspects of our lives.
When the Cockroach appears as a totem,
our sensitivity to subtle changes will be magnified.
We will have the power to scurry out of danger.

People with this totem often find that they had an abbreviated childhood –
a premature movement into adulthood, the necessity to take on early responsibility.

Although often seen as a disgusting animal,
the Cockroach is actually a gifted teacher in the art of survival and successful adaptability, especially in environment that may seem a bit hostile.

source: lins domain

Animal Totems - Page 2 Cockroach
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Co-Creator of Reality
Co-Creator of Reality

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 9:53 pm

Those tawny frogmouths are so unusual looking... I've never seen them before. Wow!
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 9:54 pm

But wait - there's more! I saved the best for last Wink

Snake

Animal Totems - Page 2 Totem_snake

This a powerful totem -- it is
the symbol of transformation and healing.
The Snake is wisdom expressed through healing.

It is a protector and guardian totem,
along with its sister totems, the Dragon and the Serpent.

If a snake totem has come into your life, your creative forces are awakening.
Your intuition will sharpen and be more accurate.

Snake energy is the energy of wholeness, cosmic consciousness, and
the ability to experience anything willingly and without resistance.
It is the knowledge that all things are equal in creation.

It also signals a transition in your life.
New opportunities and/or changes.

Snake is fire medicine, the medicine of transmutation.
On a material level, it is vitality; on an emotional level, it is ambition and dreams;
on a mental level, it is intellect and power; on a spiritual level (the highest level),
it is wisdom, understanding and wholeness.

Snake magic is heavy magic.
Become the Magician and transmute the energy and accept the power of the fire.

The Snake is one of the symbols of Thoth.

source: lins domain

Snake is one of my favourite totems because it brings with it rebirth and change. And I generally just like snakes chr Again, it was my daughter who noticed this one. I truly feel there is an atmosphere of shifting energy in my home. We are all on a creative vent and working together to build an environment that better reflects who we are - as individuals and as a family unit. This has been like a rebirth and all the animal messengers coming to support our evolution seem tied to that.

Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 9:55 pm

Yes they are strange looking birds Gem. Some people call them owls but they are more closely related to raptors. They are masters of disguising themselves.
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Co-Creator of Reality
Co-Creator of Reality

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 10:00 pm

I kind of like them, because they blend in so well. Not so keen on the cockroach or snake though!
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Co-Creator of Reality
Co-Creator of Reality

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 10:20 pm

Yesterday at least twice there were bumble bees in my path. I was a little weirded out by the fact that they were slowly crawling on the ground, dying maybe? Given that bumble bees usually represent productivity and life, I feel like these bees' lack of energy echoes my own at the moment.
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 9:35 am

That sounds possible.

I had more animal visitors today - I swear it is like living in a zoo sometimes! There were two of them again and they were only young animals:

KANGAROO

Moving Forward

Kangaroo signals that a nine-month cycle is at play.
After starting a project, it will take nine months to mature and benefit you.
After that, it is time to move forward and commit fully.

Kangaroo only moves forward, never backward and Kangaroo people should do the same.
Kangaroo also teaches how to balance the creative energies needed to complete your task.
Those with a Kangaroo totem are given the strength and power needed.
You will have the strength and stamina to continue,
just as long as you go forward and not backward.

source: linsdomain

Animal Totems - Page 2 500-kangaroo_cull

These kangaroos were right up close to the front of my house - where I am sitting at the computer, there is a big window and looking out they were no more than 5 metres away.
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Co-Conscious with Oneness

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 2:44 pm

Thats FUN-ny that you have the Kangaroo again Kat, I just picked one UP the other day in the store, a little toy one and thought of you right away. Cool

I've got hundreds of birds this year at my feeder's and it's taken me sometime BE-fore I've BE-en gifted and blessed with the pre-SENTS of the Cardinals. I've BE-en waiting for you guys to arrive. Like a Star @ heaven Wink Like a Star @ heaven

They arrived for the first time about a month ago, they sure do stand-out amongst the SNOW here, BE-ing red and ALL, soooo BE-auti-FULL.

Animal Totems - Page 2 Closecardinal

Cardinal Medicine

Cardinal/Redbird's Wisdom Includes:

Courtship

Fatherhood.

Understanding the power of the wind.

Finding your soul song.

Renewed Vitality through Recognizing Self-Importance.

Cycle of Power: Year-Round (often with rythm of 12-hours, days, months, and years).
....the following comes from the book Animal Speak by Ted Andrews.

Most people have no trouble recognizing these redbirds. They also are part of the finch family, and a general study of finches is beneficial for those with this totem. Unlike many other birds, they are usually year-round residents, and their influence and the archetypal energies associated with them can be accessed all year long. They remind us that regardless of the time of day or year, we always have opportunity to renew our own vitality and recognize the importance of our own life roles.

The cardinal has a loud and clear whistle. Whistles are often reminders to listen closely--to pay attention to what is blowing on the winds. In the case of the cardinal, the female joins in on the whistling, which is unusual among birds. This reflects that we should be listening to the inner voice (the feminine) more closely for our own health and well-being. Since most female birds usually are quiet and camouflaged, a cardinal totem almost always reflects a need to assert the feminine aspects of creativity and intuition more strongly.

All cardinals are beneficial and friendly. They eat many weed seeds and injurious insects. The seventeen-year locust (periodical cicada) is one of these. Cardinals can reflect a need to be more careful about your diet, that what you are eating may be injurious to yourself and affecting your overall vitality.

Cardinals lay three to four eggs, and they hatch in about 12 days. This along with it being a 12-month resident, reflects the rhythm of 12 that is going to become more prominent within your own life.

The male cardinal makes a good parent, and often shares with the female the task of egg incubation. The male, though, will always feed the female while she is in the nest, and the baby cardinals as well. Although the male normally has the brighter color, when it shares the task of incubation, its colors remain much the same as the females, all for the sake of camouflage. This often reflects lessons associated with responsibility and the recognition of the importance of the task at hand.

The males usually have a bright head, although their coloring will often be duller on the back and wings. The bright-colored crest is a warning to rivals, while the duller colors can help shield it.

These birds are named for the cardinals of the Roman Catholic Church, with their bright red robes. If it is your totem, it may reflect past-life connections with the church, or even a reviving of more traditional religious beliefs, regardless of denomination.

Cardinals brighten the environment. They catch the eye and add color to our lives. When they appear as a totem, they do so to remind us to become like them. Add color to your life, and remember that everything you do is of importance.

Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Christmas Thank-You & WELL WISHES of CHEER   Animal Totems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 3:25 pm

This here is the note that I placed in one of my Christmas cards this year. I can't get into ALL the JOY and the many lessons that my fair feathered friends do provide for me. You guys know theres so much more that I get, it's so plenty-FULL.

Christmas Thank-You & WELL WISHES of CHEER

I just wanted to take the time to THANK-YOU BOTH for the Lovely service that you provide !! !!

Ever sense I started using your Black Oil Seed Sunflower seed, I have a abun-DANCE of birds that frequent my bird feeder's NOW.

I'm also UP ever morning NOW with my bird friends and BE-cause of your service, your very reasonable pricing, this has allowed me to have a very large array of bird friends and also some other furry friends. (Squirrels & Rabbits). I've got about 4-6 crows, ONE hawk, and over a doz. Blue Jays, 20 to 24 Doves, Doves can BE hard to count sometimes. I also got lots of the Barn Sparrows, Finches, and NOW 1/2 Doz. Cardinals, about 6-8 Chick-a-dee's. 4 Woodpecker's, and a few NUT-hatch. They so count on me NOW to BE there for them and they have given me so much pleasure in BE-ing able to do so, the birds have added so much JOY and Pleasure to my life.

So THANK-YOU so VERY MUCH for what you do and provive for ALL. it's a GREAT SERVICE that you both SUPPORT and do for other's !! !!

Wishing You A HAPPY NEW YEAR & A MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS to you both.

THANK-YOU

They grow, bag and farm many different seeds naturally on their home farm. Cool

Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 9:52 pm

Wow and look at the joy they are bringing other people through their efforts - I bet they don't even realise the spiritual purpose of what they provide. Thanks so much for sharing that with us Solane. What a perfect example of how the normal work of farming can be a spiritual purpose. Isn't that a wonderful gift and light to bring to the world?
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Co-Creator of Reality
Co-Creator of Reality

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 1:10 am

I've been seeing a lot of birds lately. Different kinds, although ordinary ones like blackbirds, thrushes, waxeyes and sparrows - but what stands out to me is that they are very near to me. Flying down low into my space. Two sparrows were even flying up to my window just earlier. I looked up the meaning of 'birds' in general and this is what I found:

From http://www.whats-your-sign.com/air-animal-totems.html
Quote :
As you will read in their descriptions, Air Animal Totems have a penchant for assisting us in matters of higher knowledge. Air being the most ethereal of elements, it's understandable that the creatures who inhabit it are able to lend the best understanding of it's invisible ways. Closest to the heavens, air animals are our best allies as they herald our desires to the very gods in the skies.

Air animal totems are also symbols of strength (both physical and mental) and sovereignty. Very important traits, particularly when we are experiencing new transitions or surroundings in our lives.

If air animal totems are catching your attention, you should feel very heartened by their presence. Allow their spirit to boost your confidence, and remind you that the ultimate power is within this present, unseen moment. Air animals are good omens, and their appearance is like a wink from god.

I hope this is true, because there's such a lot of change and uncertainty around me at the moment and it's been getting me down, worried and anxious. Trying my best to rise above it though.
Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 4:05 pm

WELL,

As If he wasn't pecking hard enough on the outside of my living-room wall, I thought he was going to come right though the wall, the outside siding of the house is all done in wood.

Guess WHO " WOODY the WOODPECKER " and he was knocking so hard and for a long time, to get my attention while Iwas posting here today.

So you know

These are some of my summer pics of him when he first arrived.

Animal Totems - Page 2 Woodpe18

Animal Totems - Page 2 Woodpe19

Animal Totems - Page 2 Woodpe20

Solane Star wrote:
Power animals

Everyone has the help and protection of spirit beings often in the form of animal spirits. Power animals are usually not domesticated animals and you can have more than one.

Even if a person has never heard of power animals they will have a special affinity for certain animals, or have had unusual experiences with certain animals. It is quite likely that this is their power animal trying to get their attention.

1. Apparently there is rich reward for them in helping humans. So, the first gift is to bring them into our daily lives to help us, guide us and protect us. Call upon them for wisdom, ideas, direction, help, problem solving, etc. The more you actively engage them the more they will be there for you and the more you gift them.

2. Invite your power animals to dinner. Cook a meal and set aside a portion as offering to your power animals. Leave it out overnight and then the next day put the remainder out in the world for nature spirits to feed on too.

3. As Spirit beings they do not have physical bodies. The third way that you can gift, honor and thank your power animal(s) is by dancing your animal. You are gifting them the experience of being physical. This can take the form of literally dancing like your animal. Bring the animal into your body, move as it would move to the music.

Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 4:11 pm

Animal Totems - Page 2 Woodpe21

Animal Totems - Page 2 Woodpecker

Last edited by Solane Star on Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 4:24 pm

Symbolic Meaning of Woodpeckers

To be sure, the woodpecker is an attention-grabber, and those who claim this amazing bird as their totem will attest to its ability to shake up awareness.

Nothing breaks the silence of a hiking in the woods like the urgent, rapid-fire percussion of a woodpecker's rapping against a tree.

A Quick-List of woodpecker symbolic meaning:

Balance
Progress
Signaling
Returning
Protection
Initiation
Attention
Prophesy
Listening
Opportunity
Discernment
Communication
Determination

When I hear the woodpecker knocking, I think of opportunity. You know the old saying "when opportunity knocks, answer the door." That's precisely what I'm driving at here.

Woodpeckers are extremely opportunistic themselves. Each tree is a door, revealing tender morsels of food (grubs and ants are their favorites). Other trees will yield against their beak-hammering to provide great mansions for their young.

When the woodpecker comes tapping into our awareness, it's also a signal to use our heads. Just as the woodpecker uses its head (beak) to hammer out solutions (food, shelter), we too can use our intellect in finding solutions to our own barriers.

The symbolic meaning of woodpeckers also point to a need for creative vision. Being opportunistic, woodpeckers can see value everywhere, even in dead trees. Have you ditched an idea or given up on a project? The woodpecker may be trying to tell you to breathe new life into your project, just as they build new homes into dead trees.

Further, the symbolic meaning of woodpecker indicates a return to our roots, or having trust in our basic (gut) feelings. Dr. Carl Jung observed the woodpecker as a symbol of a return to the womb of creativity. In this observation the tree is symbolic of a womb; earthy, grounded, sturdy and secure. The woodpecker's home within the tree is analogous of a fierce determination to return and protect that which is sacred to us.

When this bird comes pecking, it is a call for us to return to our roots, back to the womb of our ideas and use our intellect and discernment to follow through with our plans.

This analogy is doubly profound in the case of red-headed woodpeckers as the color red is associated with the root chakra. Prime, protective energy. Another clear sign for being aware of our core impulses, and our basic beliefs.

Native North American wisdom recognized the protective home-based themes of the woodpecker too. Prairie tribes had a myth that the title of protector of humankind was once vied for by the turkey and the woodpecker. The woodpecker won the title because of her ability to make such marvelous nests wherein the spiritual seed of humankind would always be sheltered from predatory threat.

The woodpecker may also remind us to be mindful of our words. It has a narrow tongue, extremely effective for picking up food in narrow places. This is symbolic for using a narrow route to get the most profound effect. The woodpecker asks us to use fewer words to make a stronger impact in our statement.

As we continue to explore the symbolic meaning of woodpecker, we see communication is a strong theme. In fact, when I hear the woodpecker, I think of Morse code, and I try to figure out what kind of rhythmical message the woodpecker is sending me.

It wasn't until years later I did some research on the bird that I discovered, indeed, the woodpecker actually does peck out signals to their kin as communication!

Drumming has historically marked the beginning of events such as processions, honorable ceremonies, even war. Perhaps this is why the woodpecker (and its beak-drumming ways) was often associated with Roman battle, war and victory.

Native North American wisdom also prescribes drumming as a means to journeying (transcendentalism), and so many tribes considered the woodpecker as an other-worldly messenger, and a prophet.

In Roman mythology, the woodpecker is associated with Mars, which is a planet of energy, and initiative. The zodiac sign of Aries might be drawn to the woodpecker as a totem animal because of its association with Mars too (Mars is the ruling planet for Aries).

These two (woodpecker and the Ram which is the zodiac animal for Aries) have the propensity of initiation (trail blazers, starting new projects) in common. The woodpecker is the first to initiate communication. Consider the silence of a winter day cracked wide open by the echoing beat of a woodpeckers beak.

Also, the symbolic meaning of woodpecker deals with progress because she doggedly hammers at her purpose until she sees to the other side of the obstacle. Aries are equally determined in their purpose, often ramming through astounding odds to obtain their goals.

Concepts of determination and drive in the symbolic meaning of woodpecker can be stretched further when we consider the woodpecker's love for the oak tree. Oak trees are symbolic of stability and strength of character, read more about their meanings here.

Also in Roman myth the woodpecker was noted as befriending the founders of Rome, Romulus and Remus (who, interestingly were fathered by Mars, the god of war). Legend states the both the wolf and the woodpecker fed the twin boys in their infancy while they were sequestered in the wild to avoid demise (as typical Roman myth, it's a long story, you can read it here).

And so, when the woodpecker comes calling, it may be a sign to:

Fly back to our roots.
Nurture our ideas in the womb of our core passions.
Shelter our wisdom from predatory threat.
Use our heads (intellect) to think up innovative solutions to overcome barriers.
Communicate our ideas in more creative or non-traditional ways.
Stop and consider the opportunities available to us at this time.
Look at projects in unique creative ways to bring new life to a project.
Listen more clearly to subtle energies, there is a message that only our intuition can interpret.

Whats Your Sign.com
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 6:37 pm

What an interesting bird. You guys have all the fascinating bird life in the U.S. Solane! The colours just amaze me as does their behaviour. I remember watching the woody woodpecker cartoons as a child. He seemed really annoying and I just couldn't fathom a bird that hammered on wood the way that character did. But there you go - he is based on a real bird!

The one thing that stands out from this creature is consistency or persistence - it hammers away until it reaches it's goal. What projects are you working on that are unfinished my dear? Where does your energy need to go? Is it something in or around the home?

And on another totally unrelated note, how does Sheeva reacted to birds? Is he a chaser or does he just watch them fly by?
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Co-Creator of Reality
Co-Creator of Reality

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 5:44 am

Cheetahs coming my way at the moment, and it sooo rings true.

http://www.linsdomain.com/totems/pages/cheetah.htm

CHEETAH

Speed and Flexibility

Flexibility is essential for Cheetah people.
It is necessary to have a flexible body and spirit for a healthy and fulfilled life.
Speed and maneuverability is also paramount to their well-being.
They must respond quickly, instantly to all opportunities and dangers.

Cheetah people must learn to rest after period of stress and effort.
They must never over-heat or over-exhaust their energies.

Cheetah gives their totem people the great capacity to feel
and respond quickly to the hurt of others.
This is a wonderful totem for a healer.

Cheetah also reminds us that sometimes we must struggle
and shed many a tear before we are successful.

Cheetah people tend to be solitary
and have a select few that they trust and bond with.

Back to top Go down
GemLover
Co-Creator of Reality
Co-Creator of Reality

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 5:45 am

Cheetah Wisdom

If cheetah is your animal totem, it will teach you a lot about moving out ahead of everyone else by doing what's in front of you. Maybe you need to do your homework before the sun goes down. "Get it done", says Cheetah, so that you will have some daylight to play with your friends. Cheetah may mention that you waste too much energy thinking and wishing when you need to get up and go. Is it that you are lazy or are you just stubborn? Or is it you don't believe in yourself enough? Believe that you have the power of a Cheetah and you will surely attain your goals.
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 12:26 am

Wow thanks for posting that Gem - very interesting information. Cheetahs are the fastest cat on the planet as well as having those unique black tear drop markings around their eyes (very goth and cool looking Cool ). I'm gonna step out on a limb here and say that they are also about being true to yourself and BE-ing yourself even if it upsets other people. This is very much a theme that I feel relates to this year for people universally. I have found myself doing things that are unexplainable and coming from such a deep guidance that I am not consciously aware of it until after the fact. I think you might also find yourself pulled inexplicably to do things that are for your higher good without knowing why or where it is taking you. Trust your instincts cheetah girl - strong mojo is at work helping you reshape your reality. This big cat will keep you ahead of the game in a good way.

sweet
Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Dragonfly, Damselfly, Power Animal, Symbol of Change, Piercing Illusions, Light, Understanding Dreams    Animal Totems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 1:55 am

Dragon-FLY showing UP alot again for me. WELL I k-NOW the Dragon-FLY is ALL-ways with me, but NOW I AM just Transforming the DREAM to a NEW ONE !! !! Like a Star @ heaven dragonfly Like a Star @ heaven

Dragonfly, Damselfly, Power Animal, Symbol of Change, Piercing Illusions, Light, Understanding Dreams

By Ina Woolcott

Damselfly/Dragonfly's Medicine Includes - Mastery of life on the wing, power of flight, power to escape a blow, understanding dreams, power of light, breaking down illusions, seeing the truth in situations, swiftness, change, connection to Dragon, transcendence, winds of change, wisdom and enlightenment.

On a summer day or early evening, a beautiful sight to behold is the dragonfly. Dragonfly has the ability to reflect and refract light and colours. It is often linked with magic and mysticism. With their shimmering wings and delicate form, they appear to come directly from the land of Faerie. Their spectacular colours shine with iridescence in the sunlight. These colours take time to develop, giving the idea that with maturity our own true colours come forth. Just as light can bend and shift and be adapted in a different ways, so can the archetypal forces associated with dragonfly. Dragonfly yields the message that life is never what it appears to be. This is a power animal which can help to put us in touch with nature spirits.

Dragonfly is one of nature's shape shifters. The dragonfly inhabits two realms, air and water. The first two years of their life dragonflies live in the water, on the bottom of ponds and streams, and are called nymphs. As they age they go through metamorphosis and take to the air. As water represents the emotional body and air represents the mental, those with this power animal will frequently find themselves trying to maintain balance between their thoughts and emotions.

Children with dragonfly power animal are often very emotional, feeling things deeply and responding to situations with great passion. Generally, as they reach adulthood, through experience, they learn how to balance their emotions with greater mental clarity and control. This gives them the compassion required for any type of work relating to healing or counselling.

If you find yourself flooded by emotion and would like nothing more than some detachment from your problems so that you can solve them, Dragonfly entering your world will be a blessing. For in this context Dragonfly represents transformation. You can work with the dragonfly to help you kick-start the changes you know are necessary, but have been avoiding or neglecting. The number 2 is significant to Dragonfly, so think in terms of two-year periods when you begin a change.

When we have made ourselves believe that the limitations of physical existence prevent us from changing and growing, Dragonfly medicine teaches us to pierce our self-made illusions. Dragonfly can cause us to question the illusion which we call reality, particularly that part of our realities which hinders our ability to grow and create transformation/change in our lives. Dragonfly conveys knowledge about greater dimensions of reality, and helps us travel to a realm of light and colour in which spiritual expansion is possible.

Neither insects or birds have the flight manoeuvrability of the dragonfly. They can twist, turn, move up or down, change directions in an instant, hover and even fly backwards. If dragonfly is your power animal, this will bring the gift of skill to your life. Dragonflies are masters at what they do, and they do it relentlessly.

Dragonflies can reach speeds of up to 30 miles per hour when flying. They can spot movement forty feet away. Flying around and into things from different angles, they challenge rigid awareness and prompt the energy of change. This power animal is especially helpful for those who feel stuck, or are unable to grow spiritually and for those who feel blocked in their creativity. Dragonfly helps us remember that 'ordinary, every day' physical reality isn't all that is available to us. Its rainbow wings remind us we live in a world of magic.

Like a Star @ heaven dragonfly Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 1:59 am

lol I had dragonfly showing up for me too alot towards the end of last week. Everytime I see one I think of you Solane and it makes me smile pnkhrt
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Co-Creator of Reality
Co-Creator of Reality

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 7:59 am

GothiKat wrote:
Wow thanks for posting that Gem - very interesting information. Cheetahs are the fastest cat on the planet as well as having those unique black tear drop markings around their eyes (very goth and cool looking Cool ). I'm gonna step out on a limb here and say that they are also about being true to yourself and BE-ing yourself even if it upsets other people. This is very much a theme that I feel relates to this year for people universally. I have found myself doing things that are unexplainable and coming from such a deep guidance that I am not consciously aware of it until after the fact. I think you might also find yourself pulled inexplicably to do things that are for your higher good without knowing why or where it is taking you. Trust your instincts cheetah girl - strong mojo is at work helping you reshape your reality. This big cat will keep you ahead of the game in a good way.

sweet

Wow, yes, I think you're right. I watched a TV programme about cats and big cats the other week, and the legend associated with the cheetah's black tear drop markings is that the first cheetah lost her cubs, and the tears remained on the faces of all the cheetahs after her. It's true also I've been deeply driven lately to do things lately, and I'm in the midst of a confused feeling about why I'm doing certain things. I'm also extremely tired, looking tired, and I know that I have to rest now - put things on the backburner so I can have my period of rest to regenerate myself like the cheetah does.
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Co-Creator of Reality
Co-Creator of Reality

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 10:23 pm

Animal Totems - Page 2 Baby-cheetah-pictures
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Animal Totems
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next