Psyche
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Soul, Many Journeys

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Remember your spiritual side

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Solane Star
Co-Conscious with Oneness
Co-Conscious with Oneness

Remember your spiritual side  Empty
PostSubject: Remember your spiritual side    Remember your spiritual side  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 2:04 am

"The function of prayer is not to influence God, but rather to change the nature of the one who prays."

-- Soren Kierkegaard

Reminding ourselves often of our spiritual natures truly changes the quality of our lives. It helps us relax, slow down, lighten up, and generally find more space and joy in life.

When we get down on ourselves or life, we can pull back and ask, "How might my soul regard this situation? What am I being invited to experience?"

This shift in perspective helps us let go of the resistance that always comes with negativity. As energy once again begins to flow, our outlook brightens.

"Spirituality is the sacred center out of which all life comes, including Mondays and Tuesdays and rainy Saturday afternoons in all their mundane and glorious detail. ... The spiritual journey is the soul's life commingling with ordinary life."

-- Christina Baldwin

"It is not my business to think about myself. My business is to think about God. It is for God to think about me."

-- Simone Weil
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

Remember your spiritual side  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember your spiritual side    Remember your spiritual side  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 10:31 pm

It's kind of like switching lanes...when you get stuck behind a big truck going 30 in the 60 lane, pull out into the overtaking lane and cruise by unhindered so you can continue to enjoy your journey. We don't need to keep staring at the back of the truck while our anger bubbles in our bellies like an unattended cauldron. This is how spirituality can enhance our lives - if we remember that every experience is an opportunity and look beyond the obvious then there is always something deeper to gain from it.
Back to top Go down
http://lightwarriors.heavenforum.com/

Page 1 of 1