Psyche
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Soul, Many Journeys

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Finding contentment

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Solane Star
Co-Conscious with Oneness

Finding contentment  Empty
PostSubject: Finding contentment    Finding contentment  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 4:52 pm

Finding contentment

"When the sun rises, I go to work. When the sun goes down, I take my rest. I dig the well from which I drink. I farm the soil which yields my food. I share creation. Kings can do no more."

-- Chinese proverb

Do you sense the peace and contentment that can come from an appreciation of one’s place in the cosmos?

How do we get there with the complexities and pressures of our current lifestyles? Perhaps it’s a matter of becoming aware of what we truly have as opposed to what our egos believe we need. If we look closely, we may find that our ego ‘needs’ are just desires.

When you find yourself longing for something, stop and ask, "What is missing from my life? Is it a need? What are the essential qualities of what I seek? How can I experience that now?"

"If we have not quiet in our minds, outward comfort will do no more for us than a golden slipper on a gouty foot."

-- John Bunyan

"Try to be like the turtle -- at ease in your own shell."

-- Bill Copeland
Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Finding contentment    Finding contentment  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 4:54 pm

Solane Star wrote:

"When the sun rises, I go to work. When the sun goes down, I take my rest. I dig the well from which I drink. I farm the soil which yields my food. I share creation. Kings can do no more."

-- Chinese proverb

Do you sense the peace and contentment that can come from an appreciation of one’s place in the cosmos?

Like a Star @ heaven Wink Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

PostSubject: Re: Finding contentment    Finding contentment  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 12:52 am

I do! Cool I am very at ease in my own shell these days. NOW is my creation point for the life I want to live. NOW is the perfect opportunity for gratitude. Contentment is a wonderful feeling ~ I highly recommend it :sng:
Back to top Go down
http://lightwarriors.heavenforum.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finding contentment    Finding contentment  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finding contentment
Page 1 of 1