Psyche
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Soul, Many Journeys

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Taking Back Your Projections

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Solane Star
Co-Conscious with Oneness

Taking Back Your Projections Empty
PostSubject: Taking Back Your Projections   Taking Back Your Projections Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 6:52 am

Soul Sign

When we approach another person with love, understanding and acceptance we emanate the soul being that we are and touch the soul of the other, knowing them as they truly are in their essence.

Reflection

If we are to meet another in a soulful way we need to address the issue of projection.

We have a subconscious or shadow side to our personality that contains characteristics we do not like, love or want to own. It is not easily accessible because it is inconsistent with the ego’s view of itself. So we do not access it internally, but indirectly through unconscious projections whereby we see the contents of our own subconscious externally. Through projection we see in others our own disowned characteristics. When we do this we cannot see others as they really are. So we need to be aware in all encounters that this process of projection might be at work and what we experience are the characteristics of our unknown face.

We project for two reasons -

1 We try to avoid the pain of owning a rejected, unloved part of ourselves.
We need to know what unconscious realities are part of us that need to be acknowledged and integrated within our consciousness.

2 When you really dislike something about someone ask yourself if you might in some way have the same or similar characteristic within yourself that you reject. Take back the projection, own it, and see the other as they truly are.

By Soul Journey
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taking Back Your Projections   Taking Back Your Projections Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 7:19 am

Who is Soul Journey?
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

PostSubject: Re: Taking Back Your Projections   Taking Back Your Projections Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 7:45 am

That is a fair question. Do you have a link Solane?
Back to top Go down
http://lightwarriors.heavenforum.com/
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Taking Back Your Projections   Taking Back Your Projections Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 1:55 pm

Hi Guys,

Soul Journey is a website, that sends me e-mails every week with these little bits of info and handy tips on relationships and ourselves. The rest of the website, one has to pay money for, so I just post their e-mails that they send me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taking Back Your Projections   Taking Back Your Projections Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 2:25 pm

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

PostSubject: Re: Taking Back Your Projections   Taking Back Your Projections Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 12:13 pm

Going back to the post, I don't think we can see others as they truly are because there are too many factors that interfere. What projections we might have are not necessarily coming from a subconscious level. What if we are simply intuiting the person as covering something up or being a negative influence on us? That does not necessarily mean we have anything to own except being protective towards ourselves which is a loving act. I wouldn't say the mirror effect isn't completely unbased as sometimes it could be true. I just have a problem labelling every instance as being a learning experience. Are we really here to have relationships so that we walk around constantly self-analysing and judging ourselves? Perhaps certain people are there to act as catalysts in our lives or support in times of need. This idea that we need to always be self-monitoring seems excessive and detracts from being a spirit having a human experience on this planet. If we were all here as spirit still being spirit then I might see it as being more like how it is. What is the point of being human if we are still expected to exist as our higher selves do?
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

PostSubject: Re: Taking Back Your Projections   Taking Back Your Projections Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 12:15 pm

An afterthought, if the mirroring effect holds water, then why do we not see something positive in another and also take that to be a reflection of something in ourselves and concentrate on what it tells us about our similarity to them? Why is the focus here on negative projections? Is it supposed that the human experience is primarily a negative one?
Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Taking Back Your Projections   Taking Back Your Projections Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 1:14 pm

GothiKat wrote:
An afterthought, if the mirroring effect holds water, then why do we not see something positive in another and also take that to be a reflection of something in ourselves and concentrate on what it tells us about our similarity to them? Why is the focus here on negative projections? Is it supposed that the human experience is primarily a negative one?

Good point Kat,

Very good point,

WELL, to a big degree I think alot of others do tend to sway towards a more negative side of the scales of balance. I think thats the key word here is " balance " and maintaining that in every aspect of our lifes, which in turn allows for a much more fluidic flow, balanced life style when looking in that mirror. BE-ing as WE ALL contain & hold a very high precentage of water in our bodies, so I'm lead to believe that theres some underlying truth in these mirroring effects.

I for one do tend to spent alot more time NOW looking in the mirror at myself and other's as you mentioned here above, and also see a much more positive reflection and the similarities in myself and other's as time allows me to heal. I think once one see's that their own scales are out of balance by the negatives and they work on their own in- balances, they WELL start to see the other side of the scales, the more positive side. I think thats just a natural part of the process.

Like a Star @ heaven Wink Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

PostSubject: Re: Taking Back Your Projections   Taking Back Your Projections Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 10:21 pm

Yes exactly Solane. Balance is very important and can be different for each person. Not many people are comfortable staring at themselves in the mirror. I wonder if it is because they are scared to look into their own eyes (the windows to their soul) or whether it is because they don't like what they see in their physical appearance?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taking Back Your Projections   Taking Back Your Projections Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1