Psyche
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Soul, Many Journeys

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

To Live As If...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

To Live As If... Empty
PostSubject: To Live As If...   To Live As If... Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 3:57 am

To Live As If... Thumbnail-874124-JGwZQ

Here's an excerpt from the film Waking Life. One line from this has been running through my head since last night: "To live as if something actually depended on one's actions."

For me, it's a perfect summary of the vitality of which our modern societies have drained us. So much of our lives has become dead, sterile routine, living for little more than continued existence and petty pleasures. What do we do anymore that matters?

If you could do anything you wanted to do, anything at all, what would it be? The absence of vitality in our lives is revealed by the disparity between what you're currently doing and your answer to that question.
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Co-Conscious with Oneness

To Live As If... Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Live As If...   To Live As If... Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 3:01 pm

Boy, can I add to this one, it may-BE hard for me not to BE too Fluffy and ALL, so I AM just going to BE mys-ELF.

Love-y and Fluffy & ALL. Laughing

So I'll have to come back to this one, soon, a little later, Got somethings to do around the house first and then I'll be back Like a Star @ heaven Wink Like a Star @ heaven

I like this post Rogue, very creative idea. Cool
Back to top Go down
Solane Star

To Live As If... Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Live As If...   To Live As If... Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 3:27 pm

Oh,

Speaking of Fluffy and ALL, I have a Baby Bunny thats BE-en living just right out-side my front door, off the front porch in the grass, eating dandelions and bird seeds at my feeder's. This is a " GREAT SIGN " the arrival of the FLUFFY BUNNY

I think it's a great cause to Celebrate Like a Star @ heaven cheers Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down

To Live As If... Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Live As If...   To Live As If... Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 5:34 pm

Can't wait to hear what you have to say. :)
Back to top Go down
Solane Star

To Live As If... Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Live As If...   To Live As If... Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 7:30 pm

Seven, the Rogue Guru wrote:
Waking Life

One line from this has been running through my head since last night: "To live as if something actually depended on one's actions."

For me, it's a perfect summary of the vitality of which our modern societies have drained us. So much of our lives has become dead, sterile routine, living for little more than continued existence and petty pleasures.

If you could do anything you wanted to do, anything at all, what would it be?

To LIVE the DREAM, Living My DREAMS

WELL, I feel as if it's already BE-gin, that the big wheels are in motion. I've been able to come out on the other side of it all, been able to leave behind the dead sterile routines of my past and been re-placing it slowly but surely with more appeasement, appreciation for life and this has allowed in a nice generated flow of energy for me. This also helps me place and re-channel my energy and attention into alot more creative aspects of my life. Learning to live more in the moment, living more in the NOW, not the past or the future so much as the PRESENT Moment. I appreciate even the smallest of details, right on though to the biggest. I take a lot of pleasure in the small wonders and many new discoveries of this journey called life here on earth, this alone can give me great amounts of an energy boost. Life is nothing but an Illusion of sorts and I've been re-creating and shifting my Illusions. Learning to build a bridge onward and UP-ward to re-place the old with my new dreams, by giving it a wider, broader scope of " LIGHT ". Like a Star @ heaven dragonfly Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down

To Live As If... Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Live As If...   To Live As If... Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 9:32 pm

Now, Solane. When I say this, try not to get all offended. I'm just expressing what I feel. This is what posting back-and-forth between you and me feels like:

Me: So, exactly what model of engine do I need to put in my 1972 Corvette?

Solane Star, Engine Mechanic: Oh, a great big, powerful, whooshing machine of whirly gears and pounding pistons!

Me: ...?

Which really confuses me because you didn't seem that way at all when I spoke to you on the phone.

The one part I can really understand and relate to is what you said about living in the Now instead of the past or future. Rooted in the present, it's so much easier to see what's real and what's important. The past (memory) and the future (imagination) keep us stuck in the Maya and easily manipulated.

And, thanks for posting a reply at all. The last few days I was starting to wonder if I was being ignored in the hopes that I would go away. (Then again, insomnia was kicking my ass, so my emotions were just a teensy bit bent.)
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

To Live As If... Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Live As If...   To Live As If... Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 12:06 pm

Lol oh dear Rogue, I am sorry you feel ignored. People do live lives away from this forum and their computers ya know? Wink Whose problem is it that you feel ignored? hmm? Exactly!

Back on topic, interestingly I have gained insight that flies in the face of accepted societal values in relation to the question you posed. Number one, my life does not revolve around money nor does my worth rely on it. Number two, I don't watch tv news, read newspapers or really buy into any of the regularly reported stories that others react to on a daily basis. Number three, I have realised what is missing in my life is not the absence of a partner, but the expression of the unconditional love that we all carry within us in our cells. Number four, To be happy takes an inner journey and truly accepting who you are. Number five, time is an illusion and once you let go of it, miracles and reality happen.

What would I do if...I am doing it. I don't need big flashy experiences to feel alive. I enjoy feeling peaceful and open minded. I love the process of learning. The natural world around me is perfect. My family extends past biological ties to other species both on this planet and beyond. The best way to feel totally connected it is to suspend belief and take that leap of faith. Honesty is a highly prized quality and the person you need most to be honest with is yourself. If you can look at yourself in truth without judgment you will find a new depth of intimacy to be had. If you feel insecure at all, then learn to trust yourself. Be comfortable in your own skin and all that you need will manifest from your own energy and not some magical outside force.

Okay hopping down from the soapbox to give someone else the megaphone now... lol!
Back to top Go down
http://lightwarriors.heavenforum.com/

To Live As If... Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Live As If...   To Live As If... Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 12:47 pm

Okay... you do realize that in my original post I meant "you" in a very general sense, right? I sometimes play to a wider audience... even though we don't really have one here... yet...
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

To Live As If... Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Live As If...   To Live As If... Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 10:18 pm

Yeah i did realise that lol. Just thought I would give my two cents worth to plump out the thread.
Back to top Go down
http://lightwarriors.heavenforum.com/
Sponsored content

To Live As If... Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Live As If...   To Live As If... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To Live As If...
Page 1 of 1