Psyche
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Soul, Many Journeys

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How Did You Get into Astrology?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Solane Star
Co-Conscious with Oneness
Co-Conscious with Oneness

How Did You Get into Astrology? Empty
PostSubject: How Did You Get into Astrology?   How Did You Get into Astrology? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 12:22 am

Molly Hall About.com
Join the Discussion: How Did You Get into Astrology?
Tuesday October 26, 2010

My memory is hazy, but it all started with a terrible break-up. I wanted to know why it went so wrong with an Aries Sun (I'm a Cancer). Yelling in the street "I'm over you!" kind of wrong. He thrilled and scared me.

I was working at a metaphysical bookstore in San Francisco, doing Tarot readings. The job involved lots of waiting for walk-ins, and so I spent a lot of time reading astrology books. I had access to a library of astrology books, and kept expanding my knowledge. My co-workers and I would trade readings, and soon I was looking at charts.

The Aries man became the embodiment of my late 20s Saturn return -- my Saturn is Aries -- and that fire something to go after in my own life. After seeing the elements of Fire and Water reacting so violently toward each other, astrology really clicked for me. It helped me see those contradictory forces in my own nature.

Denise Dee was a friend I knew from the theatre community there, and she'd come in, and make a beeline to the astrology books. She gave me the book Transformation and Empowerment by Adrian Ross Duncan.

In her new role as moderator for the Astrology discussion forum, she brings great passion for self-inquiry, via the tool of astrology. In her forum introduction, she writes about her own journey to astrology, saying, "I knew I had some deep work to do on myself but had no idea where to turn. I turned to the author of a fascinating astrology column The Aquarium Age by Ralfee Finn which I read weekly in the East Bay Express. I hired Ralfee for a reading. Sent her my birthdate, time and place and was surprised when she nailed so much about my life without my having spoken one word to her.'

Interestingly, she also started looking into astrology after a break-up (divorce), one of those times when we're at our rawest, and full of questions. She writes, "I am "New-Agey" but do not believe 'light' solves everything. We can carry and bring light with us - but do feel at some stage(s) in our lives we will be called to journey with Pluto and Chiron into the depths of our souls."

Denise is generously offering mini-readings this month to those coming to the forum. Be sure to visit, for this gift from someone who has a lifetime of wisdom to share.

Link:
http://astrology.about.com/

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Did You Get into Astrology?   How Did You Get into Astrology? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 1:53 pm

By birth Wink
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

PostSubject: Re: How Did You Get into Astrology?   How Did You Get into Astrology? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 9:36 pm

For me personally, I've always been fascinated to see whether my daily stars match up with what I experience in my life and that was the extent of my interest in astrology until...About my mid to late thirties when I discovered how interconnected the movement of the planets was to other areas I was learning about. I became aware there was much more to astrology than the predictive part, and the more I learnt metaphysically, the more I could see the connections between astrology and pretty much everything. I am still no expert (far from it) but am always open to learning more and totally awed when a new connection becomes apparent.
Back to top Go down
http://lightwarriors.heavenforum.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Did You Get into Astrology?   How Did You Get into Astrology? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Did You Get into Astrology?
Page 1 of 1