Psyche
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Soul, Many Journeys

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Integrating Light and Dark

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

Integrating Light and Dark Empty
PostSubject: Integrating Light and Dark   Integrating Light and Dark Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 1:59 am

Lightworking and darkworking are potent power-building methods. By focusing intently on a unidirectional flow of energy, a strong current can be created, and inner resistance can be overcome. On a practical level, this means that through lightworking or darkworking, you can become a lot stronger than you were in a pre-polarized state.

For a lightworker, this flow takes the form of service. The lightworker focuses on an outward flow of energy through giving, giving, and more giving.

For a darkworker, this flow takes the form of selfishness. The darkworker focuses on an inward flow of energy through taking, taking, and more taking.

Ultimately these are phases of development, not permanent resting places.

Initially, when a non-polarized person focuses on one modality (either lightworking or darkworker), their power can increase dramatically.

Integrating Light and Dark Yin-Yang-2

Power in this case is your ability to create your reality. Pre-polarized people are generally weak. They have very little power, so they largely play the role of pawns. They don’t know how to use their power well enough, so their creative expression is low.

Pre-polarized people are constantly dissipating their power. They fall into patterns like focusing on what they don’t want, complaining, and giving their power away to others. If they set goals, they usually fail to achieve them. They’re easily distracted and knocked off course. Someone else is always the boss of them. They don’t wield much direct control over their lives.

Polarized people, on the other hand, are focused. Because they’re highly congruent, they create a strong unidirectional energy flow. By getting clear about their deepest desires, they’re able to overcome obstacles more easily.

Generally speaking, highly polarized people have an easy time functioning in society. They know how to use their power to solve practical problems. Lightworkers and darkworkers may channel their power differently, but they can get things done.

You’ll rarely hear polarized people say something like, “I can’t afford that,” as such a statement is an abuse of power. Lightworkers and darkworkers are stronger than that. They know how to channel their power to get what they want instead of inadvertently creating the opposite.

Moreover, lightworkers and darkworkers aren’t into wishful thinking. They’re able to get real results. If they desire something, they can get it. Another reason they’ll rarely say something like, “I can’t afford that,” is that they know they’ll get what they want if they continue to use their power intelligently. It’s not just wishful thinking that makes them focus on their desires. It’s experience.

Integrating Light and Dark Universal-Law-of-Manifestation

The Shadow

For a time lightworking and darkworking will generate a strong increase in power. Positive results are generated more quickly. But eventually they reach a point where their power seems to be maxed out. It may even begin to decline.

This is the point where the shadow self needs to be integrated. The shadow is the opposite polarity.

A lightworker’s shadow self includes the voices of greed, selfishness, ambition, competition, lust, and the desire for power.

A darkworker’s shadow self includes the voices of love, caring, compassion, and the desire for authentic connection.

For either modality the initial impulse will be to repress these parts of the self, if they’re even acknowledged.

A lightworker, for instance, may do more inner work to try to transcend thoughts of selfishness, or s/he may try to rationalize or justify his/her actions as a form of service.

Similarly, a darkworker may subtly sabotage relationships and keep people at a distance, so they don’t get too close and point out the compassionate shadow self.

Integration

When the lightworker or darkworker can recognize that they’ve reached this point, then the work of integration begins.

For the lightworker it’s time to recognize that service to self and service to others are not in conflict. The more the lightworker serves him/herself, the more s/he can be of service to others. The lightworker must also recognize that s/he deserves to receive the service of others, and that denying this gift now would be a mistake.

For the darkworker it’s time to recognize that the best way to get what s/he wants is to serve others. The more the darkworker begins to care about others, the more powerful s/he can become. The darkworker must also recognize that s/he actually feels best when sharing value with others, and that denying the value of giving now would be a mistake.

When lightworkers and darkworkers begin to integrate their shadows, they both gain another increase in power. They also increase their alignment with the principle of oneness.
New Frequencies of Power

Unlike the character of Ebenezer Scrooge in Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol, transformation doesn’t usually occur overnight. It takes time and patience.

The benefit of polarization is that it helps you learn how to channel power effectively. It also leads to a deeper understanding of the nature of power.

Power can be a nebulous concept at times. Asking questions like, “What should I do?” and “What might I create now?” tend to be difficult to answer. Lots of people answer, “I don’t know.” And so all they know how to do is to continue affirming the status quo. And quite often the status quo is not at all what they really want.

But when the lightworker asks, “How can I help this person?” or when the darkworker asks, “What would give me pleasure?” there’s more clarity. Such questions are usually easier to answer, especially when you consistently stick with one side or the other for a period of years.

The lightworker gets really good at channeling power into service, and the darkworker, into self-centered pursuits. These are limited uses of power, but they’re educational. In the end these training periods can be very worthwhile.

When integration begins, the lightworker and darkworker seek to maintain their focus while expanding the breadth of their power. The goal is to keep the intensity high while broadening the spectrum.

Lightworkers and darkworkers each know how to channel certain frequencies of power. And one of the best ways for them to integrate other frequencies is to learn from each other. Essentially they become each other’s teachers. They may butt heads at times, but among powerful people there tends to be a certain degree of mutual respect as they learn more about the nature of power from each other. Through their interactions the hero and the villain both become stronger, as each becomes more like the other.

More broadly, powerful people tend to attract each other, regardless of their primary polarity.

Interacting with people who have mastered frequencies of power that are very different from the ones you’ve mastered brings about a whole new set of challenges. Can you master a broader spectrum of power frequencies without losing focus?

Can the empire-building darkworker transform into a wealthy philanthropist? Can the service-driven lightworker become an effective marketer?

This transformation can be a disruptive time, but it’s also an exciting time because more frequencies are available for exploration. The path may include many starts and stops. But in the end, the lightworker and the darkworker have the potential to gain each other’s powers, which unlocks more creative energy for all.

August 27th, 2010 by Steve Pavlina
Source site: Steve Palina
Back to top Go down
http://lightwarriors.heavenforum.com/

PostSubject: Re: Integrating Light and Dark   Integrating Light and Dark Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 4:31 am

Maybe someone could help me with a problem I'm having. The problem is this: I have an extremely difficult set of life circumstances, and every time I hear this... stuff... about "manifesting", I get a little angry. Because I just don't see how any amount of feeling/thinking/wishing/affirming/concentrating/meditating/believing/having faith/acting as if/whatever could possibly change any of it. I understand the concept that everything physical begins as a thought -- that only makes sense. But, once manifested, some things, some circumstances, mine in particular, seem unalterable by non-physical means.
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

PostSubject: Re: Integrating Light and Dark   Integrating Light and Dark Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 5:37 am

Okay the bit of information that I think is missing from your idea of how manifesting works is that it involves energy and electromagnetic fields. Here's the science to manifesting that not alot of new agers seem to be aware of or even understand. Thought is the tool we use to direct the energy which then works through vibration to alter magnetic fields which then change physical circumstances to manifest what you need. The 'need' aspect is also important. Many times we try to manifest what we think we need and then when it fails to appear we think manifesting is bunk when really, we were asking for what we want and at a higher level what we need is something completely different. In my opinion, faith is the act of trusting in the processes of that greater knowledge to support us in our lives. Just today I had an experience with manifesting that worked a complete change into my situation and alleviated much stress. My son was experiencing difficulty with motivation and was laying on the sofa in deep depression unable to move. I asked for a solution and about ten minutes later the phone rang. It was a counselor who had taken my son's regular counselor's place while she was away ringing to arrange an appointment time. She said she was free for the rest of the day (this is a lady who you have to book weeks ahead to get in to see mind you). So I said I would come straight in with my son. Not only was she an old school friend of mine, but her approach to my son was very different from the other therapist. My son left her office with a big smile and laughing because she made him feel so much better. She also gave him tools he felt confident using to relieve the pressures of his studies which had been getting him down. This in turn lifted some of the stress from my shoulders. She also offered him another appointment in 6 days time.

Was it coincidence that what we needed happened right when i asked for help or did I manifest it? Well, that is subject to individual opinion. About a month ago I was in a clothes shop with my son and I said to him "I wonder if they sell ear plugs here for when your sister gets home and starts babbling non stop?" And my son laughed and said he was going to look for a singlet. The very next thing I picked up was a singlet (my son's size, no less) with a picture of a girl talking non stop at a guy and then another picture beside it of the guy putting the ear plugs of his iPod in his ears with the words "problem solved" above it. My son came back and said he couldn't find any singlets and I said "I did. Look what I manifested." He just stared at me incredulously. We both acknowledged the last things we said to each other before I found the singlet. Uncanny? Nah. I really am that good at manifesting. Not because I am a miracle worker or highly ascended but because that trust is there. I don't need to suspend my belief because my belief spectrum is expansive which allows miracles to happen.

If you want to take it one step further - nothing is physical: it is ALL thought. Material objects are thought projections. Energy, once created, cannot be destroyed. It can only be transformed. That is the key to manifesting. We all have the power to transform.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Integrating Light and Dark   Integrating Light and Dark Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 8:07 am

Quote :
Many times we try to manifest what we think we need and then when it fails to appear we think manifesting is bunk when really, we were asking for what we want and at a higher level what we need is something completely different.

If that is so, then any kind of forward progress in my life that might lead to contentment or fulfilment is only what I want, and its opposite is what I actually need.

Lovely.

Why do I continue on? Why do I bang my head against this brick wall, year after year, persisting in the notion that someday things might be different? I must be insane...
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Co-Conscious with Oneness

PostSubject: Re: Integrating Light and Dark   Integrating Light and Dark Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 12:58 pm

Quote :
Why do I continue on? Why do I bang my head against this brick wall, year after year, persisting in the notion that someday things might be different? I must be insane...

WELL, Rogue there may-BE some truth to all that you said above, because I find that if one does'nt get that truth and understanding of all this, that it could all very well lead to some very high levels of in-sanity in ones life. I think your on to something here.

Don't ever give UP Rogue, hang strong and true to your HEART my friend, because thats where ALL your anwsers truly lay, within.

FUN intented

Doing it just for the LOVE of it, is where it's ALL at. Like a Star @ heaven Wink Like a Star @ heaven

Your Spirit Sista Like a Star @ heaven dragonfly Like a Star @ heaven

Last edited by Solane Star on Fri May 20, 2011 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Integrating Light and Dark   Integrating Light and Dark Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 1:10 pm

GothiKat wrote:
If you want to take it one step further - nothing is physical: it is ALL thought. Material objects are thought projections. Energy, once created, cannot be destroyed. It can only be transformed. That is the key to manifesting. We all have the power to transform.

bravo Very WELL said Kat,

You do got it going on sista high5
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Integrating Light and Dark   Integrating Light and Dark Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 6:59 pm

These are supposed to be Uni-versal principles, correct? They are supposed to apply across the board, to every situation, right?
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

PostSubject: Re: Integrating Light and Dark   Integrating Light and Dark Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 9:22 pm

Seven, the Rogue Guru wrote:
Quote :
Many times we try to manifest what we think we need and then when it fails to appear we think manifesting is bunk when really, we were asking for what we want and at a higher level what we need is something completely different.

If that is so, then any kind of forward progress in my life that might lead to contentment or fulfilment is only what I want, and its opposite is what I actually need.

Lovely.

Hmm, you appear to have a very black and white view going on there which is missing the point completely. You see, what you need and what you want may not be opposites. You may want happiness but you get an opportunity to move to a neighbourhood containing residents in a lower socio-economic group than you are in. WTF??? you think. How is that gonna make me happy. However, while you are there you might meet someone you connect with who forms a close relationship with you and makes you happy. Or you might decide the residents need a unified voice with their local government to grant them more resources to improve their community so you bring them together and lobby for what you feel is needed and the council builds a new park. Not only are you happy but the new park is a meeting place for people where you make new friends which bring a new level of richness to your life.

You see, you can't sit here and analyse and hope to guess what might be. That is a common mistake. Yes the law of attraction is universal but it is also misunderstood. If you take it back to the scientific level of like attracting like then perhaps it is easier to see how the outcome fits the request. Our thoughts manifest what we get. Not just the request thought but ALL our thoughts. Imagine someone wants to win the lottery and become rich. That is what they put out there hoping to manifest. But other thoughts they hold to be true are "I'm not good enough' and "Being Rich won't make me happy" and "I'll never have more than I have now" and "I don't believe in miracles" and "Other people are lucky but not me". Gosh, that is one congruent thought with wanting to win the lotto and a whole lot of self-sabotaging opposition to the request. Which one has the most energy attached to it? Which set of thoughts is generating the electromagnetic energy in thought waves which attracts (manifests) the reality? Perhaps what you really need isn't to win the lottery and be rich anyway but just a new radiator for your car. In which case that problem plays on your mind over and over and the law of attraction bypasses the lottery request and the negative barrage of other thoughts and goes directly to solving the problem. This could happen in a number of ways from you noticing that Jerry's Auto has a sale on Radiators and there's one there that will fit your car and your budget to someone coming by who just happens to know how to fix a radiator and owes you a favour. Some people would call that coincidence. I call it the law of attraction.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Integrating Light and Dark   Integrating Light and Dark Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1