Psyche
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Soul, Many Journeys

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dream Weaving

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Solane Star
Co-Conscious with Oneness
Co-Conscious with Oneness

Dream Weaving  Empty
PostSubject: Dream Weaving    Dream Weaving  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 12:28 am

Dream Weaving

Some basic tenants of shamanism that give foundation to the technique of Dream Weaving are:

-- Everything is a dream and all dreams are real. Our everyday life is just a really persistent and cohesive dream. Hindu and Buddhist cultures call this maya -- our "real" seeming dream of life.

-- Everything is alive, conscious and responsive. Therefore everything dreams.

Dream Weaving is the shamanic art of aligning your inner world, your inner landscape with your outer world and aligning the outer world with you inner world - the dream of your life.

It is aligning the imaginal realms with the physical realms and vice versa.

It is the art of perceiving the true dream of something and offering it a more beautiful dream for it to dream into.

It is working with the fabric of reality.

Dream Weaving is a specific shamanic healing technique, a specific shamanic perspective/set of tools that allows the shamanic practitioner access to the dreams of the client and the opportunity to offer a different healing dream.

The client could be a person, a relationship, a plant, a lost set of keys, or an animal. I have found myself dreaming the dreams of tumors, backs in pain, lost rent checks. In short I enter the dream to find the intention of the dreaming part.

Once you have the dream, you re-dream a more beautiful dream and offer it to the dreamer as a better thing to dream.

Dream Weaving is usually approached from the shamanic journey side of dreaming, however there is no reason that you couldn't use this technique from inside of a lucid dream, or during an OOBE.

You can also use this process to see if you can shift a pre-cog dream (short for "precognitive") where you are unhappy about the ending. There are some specific rules to this, however. Pre-cog dreams are dreams about someone's possible (and highly probable) future. Dream Weaving a pre-cog dream involves reentering the dream either through traditional dreaming techniques, if you are skilled enough to do this, or reentering through shamanic journey techniques.

Once inside the dream you attempt to re-dream a better ending. The re-dreamed ending has to feel natural; it has to "work". It can't be forced or artificial. If you cannot achieve a natural different ending then you may not be able to shift that dream through Dream Weaving. Some other lesson or piece of information may need to be acquired first. A solution may be something as simple as a phone call telling the person your pre-cog dream of them and encouraging them to be careful. Of course you will never know if you actually had a pre-cog dream if your call causes your friend to change a behavior to the point where the outcome of your dream doesn't happen.

The techniques of Dream Weaving involves four parts:

1. Entering into the dream.

2. Understanding the intention of the dream.

3. Re-dreaming the dream in a more beautiful way that maintains the intention of the original dream.

4. Offering the more beautiful dream back to the dreaming part as a better dream.

A story about my wife's injured wrist will help define Dream Weaving more clearly.

Annah's wrist had been in pain for several weeks. We were both intensely busy with coordinating my out-of-state shamanism workshops, which is why we hadn't worked to heal her wrist earlier.

The problem naturally got worse since we weren't paying any real attention to it, other than sympathy.

Finally at 11:00, the night before the workshop, Annah said to me, "David, if you want me to drum tomorrow, we have GOT to do something about this pain in my wrist. I can hardly move my hand."

Well, now the pressure was on! Of the several shamanic techniques that I could have used, I was instructed by my spirit guides to use Dream Weaving.

If everything is alive and conscious, then everything, including Annah's wrist, is dreaming. As I journeyed to find the intention of the dream of Annah's wrist, I saw Annah's wrist bones were made from granite rocks; very hard, durable, lasting for millions of years and, unfortunately for Annah, very, very rough.

This was the dream of Annah's wrist bones. The painful part of their dream was that these rough bone/rocks were grinding together.

Now that I had the wrist's dream (that her bones were as strong and durable as granite rock), the next stage of Dream Weaving was to create an even more beautiful dream for her wrist to dream. This more beautiful dream must maintain the original intention of the wrist's dream to be strong, durable and hard.

To this intention I "dreamed" the dream that her bones were highly polished jewels -- diamond, emerald, ruby, sapphire, and amethyst. Sparkling with colorful, glowing light, beautiful, durable, strong, hard and smooth! By midnight, Annah's hand had ceased to hurt and remained pain free for several months - until she re-injured it.

Click here to read my Dream Weaving article.

David Lang
http://www.urbanshamanism.com/Glossary/GlossaryD_F.html
Back to top Go down

Dream Weaving
Page 1 of 1