Psyche
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Soul, Many Journeys

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Are you happy?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Solane Star
Co-Conscious with Oneness
Co-Conscious with Oneness

Are you happy?  Empty
PostSubject: Are you happy?    Are you happy?  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 6:11 am

Are you happy?

"It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere."

-- Agnes Repplier

Are you happy?

Don’t answer too quickly. Sit with this question for a long time and you’ll be introduced to brand new dimensions of who you are and of what matters in your life.

"Happiness comes only when we push our brains and hearts to the farthest reaches of which we are capable."

-- Leo C. Rosten

:cheery:

Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe
GothiKat

Are you happy?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you happy?    Are you happy?  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 7:50 pm

Happiness comes when we release all expectations of finding it outside ourselves and go within to discover that we have the power to give ourselves contentment. That's my opinion. It involves many subtle processes that bring us to the realisation that the only person in the world who can bring us peace and happiness is ourselves. Why? Because basically we are the ones in the seat of power in our own lives. We are the only person who can access and control our feelings and actions in this world. Happiness is a choice, not a destination. Underneath everything, we are at our core happy peaceful beings. It may get covered in layers of experiences that skew it or distort it or even make it seem like it is not there, but it always is. A machine that has it's needs met, runs smoothly and functions as it is supposed to. This applies to the human body as well. When we go within we find that if we are having our needs met, then we are basically happy and there is peace to be found. That doesn't mean that there aren't still other layers of emotion over the top. These are earthly measures of how our experiences are being played out and what they are bringing to our existence as human beings.

"Happiness comes only when we push our brains and hearts to the farthest reaches of which we are capable."

-- Leo C. Rosten

I'm sorry but this guy sounds to me like he has his head up his a$$ (nothing personal Solane and no offence meant - just my opinion). I don't like absolutes (only, always, never, etc) and I certainly don't think happiness requires extreme measures to be attained. I believe happiness is our natural state and other emotions come from our experiences in life which sometimes over-ride it or make it appear to be missing. Fundamentally, if our needs are met, then we are happy normally fully functioning mammals. If not, we aren't.
Back to top Go down
http://lightwarriors.heavenforum.com/

Are you happy?
Page 1 of 1