Psyche
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Soul, Many Journeys

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Relationship counseling

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sp005
Seeker
Seeker

Relationship counseling Empty
PostSubject: Relationship counseling   Relationship counseling Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 9:50 am

When you are angry or deeply hurt, you may blow small problems out of proportion. Just as love sometimes clouds our objectivity, hurt and anger have a similar effect too. You may be tempted to ask a friend or a close relative to interfere or “make the other person see the sense of your argument”, but remember this approach can easily backfire as friends and relatives may not be objective and biased towards you. It’s therefore advisable to seek relationship counseling if both you and your partner are open to the idea. You may feel hesitant about confiding in a stranger, but remember a counselor is not just a stranger but a trained therapist. Just like you go to a doctor to treat an illness, you can visit a relationship counselor to treat your ailing The Relationship Company

Regards,

The Relationship Company
Back to top Go down
missarajoe
Awakened and Ascended
Awakened and Ascended
missarajoe

PostSubject: Re: Relationship counseling   Relationship counseling Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 5:03 pm

sp005,

Yes, thats very true and I think each of us is at some point and time has been guilty of blowing small problems out of proportion.

You are so right about it not being a good idea to ask a close friend or family member to imake the other person see the sense of your arguement, as from experience...it does backfire..and as I said this is from my own past experience.

Relationship counseling is the best approach. Finding a reputable therapist just takes a little homework but as you said sp005, if both parties are open to the idea. My ex-husband was not open to the idea..he refused to go with me, said he wasn't the one with any problems..it was all me. That he wasn't going to talk with anyone about his problems..but then in the next breath said he didn't have any problems.

I did go..and alone but even though this isn't recommended to help a relationship (it takes 2 )..it was extremely helpful to me and brought out issues I didn't realize I had...and gave me the opportunity to work on "me".

Talking with someone trained is the best avenue.. Talking to a friend or family member just for a sound board, a shoulder to lean on, someone to just allow you to vent is what friends and family are for.
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Co-Conscious with Oneness
Co-Conscious with Oneness

PostSubject: User Experiences With The Relationship Co.   Relationship counseling Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 5:41 am

Readers Respond: User Experiences With The Relationship Co.

Responses: 45
By Bonny Albo, About.com Guide

From the article: The Relationship Company

Have you ever used the services of The Relationship Company, a matchmaking company servicing US singles? If so, please let us know what you thought, including when you used the service, how much you paid, which location you were serviced out of, and the pros and cons of the service. Also, Singles Plus isn't the same company, so if you'd like to review their services, do so here Share Your Thoughts

Taking Legal Action

Elissa G.'s "Relationship Company" not only spun lied and ripped me off for many thousands of dollars, I am looking to find a way to contact others who have also been swindled by this so called business. I am told that she is protected not only by her so called contract but also by the fact that RC is a "corporation". How can I get in touch with the many others victims and get something done about this?

—Guest Guest Marla

Worst Customer Service Ever

Not even one star but since you have to rate this agency would actually get negative stars. This agency offers the worst customer care if you have a negative experience with a referral, then they are no help whatsoever with your issue. They are looking to fill quotas and not to find a match to your preferences. They take your money, give you the song and dance about finding someone based on your preferences but watch out because if you disagree with who they choose for you, they won't work with you at all to make it right. In fact they will argue with you about it. In addition, their contracts are written with a bias to them so that you are not at all covered in case of any issue. You are setting yourself up for failure to use this agency.
—Guest MCBH67

scam

I just learned that the Relationship Co. has changed names. I also paid 2,300.00 only 2 people were sent to me, not even my type think they must have been paid by the company????? beware

—Guest p shaw

Beware!!!

I was at a low point when I agreed to meet with the "counselor" at The Relationship Company. She was so caring and sympathetic, and I got sucked into their program. Fourteen months and $1200 later, I have received one e-mail match and then, nothing. I contacted them via e-mail a few months ago to find out that my account had been put on hold for non-payment. I had not missed a single payment to the finance company which had paid them in full the day I signed the contract. I fully intend to get a refund from this company for breech of contract.

—Mathmom3

I smelled a skunk! I was right!

Buyer Beware! Do not even schedule an appointment with these people. It's a scam with high pressure sales tactics. The "relationship counselor" will drown you with compliments and assure you that they have plenty of members to match you with. After 90 minutes of fake smiling and compliments, she will bring out the membership fees. Prices range from $2600 to $5500. Once I got over the sticker shock, I voiced my concern that I couldn't justify spending that much money on a dating service and that it may not be the program for me. Immediately, the "counselor's" sweet, demeanor changed and she tried the "you've wasted my time" trick to make me feel guilty..didn't work. I informed her it was their choice not to disclose membership fees up front, to which she replied "if we had done that, then you wouldn't have come in". Then she had the audacity to say to me "then maybe you're just not financially stable". Don't give them one second of your valuable time nor one penny of your hard earned $$

—soccermom94

Save yourself a lot of money

Like most of the others who have commented on this company, I agree it is a huge scam! I was on plentyoffish when a pop up showed up on my screen and asking for info such as phone # ect. I assumed it was part of plentyoffish so I left my # the next day I received a phone call from someone named Laura who at first passed herself off as part of POF, set up a meeting for me, it was then I discovered I was mixed up with SinglesPlus. I did go to the meeting and happen to know the girl who interveiwed me. I trusted her. Big mistake!!! I would like to find a way to start a class action suit against this company or at least a web site warning others of this scam. We could post our contracts and emails corrospontants with these rude and unprofessional people. Maybe at least they would go out of buisness. I only lost $2295.00, my heart goes out to those of you who lost $8000.00 or more. If anyone has any ideas I am willing to help the cause. Whatever you do stay away from this company!

—Guest Greg

Don't give them your money!
It's just a scam to exploit your loneliness. Stay clear!

—Guest Member

scam

This company exploits the trust of lonely people who are vulnerable. I'm no movie star, but I'm a pretty cool person, reasonably okay-looking, and self-sufficient. In SIX YEARS of being a member of this club, I have only met four people...all of them during the first two years. Every time I call, they tell me that my membership has been "put on hold," but they say they don't know WHY is was put on hold. Also, none of the guys they introduced me to seemed at ALL interested in me. It almost seemed like they were paid to go on the date or something. Yuck. It makes being alone seem pretty good. In short: SAVE YOUR MONEY!

—Guest A Member

Unbelievable

Please do yourself a favor and do not even entertain the thought of even speaking with these swindlers. They will put you in a room with a charming individual, and convice you that there is no other way to meet single people of high caliber. I can't believe I fell for it. They high pressure sell you and then promise you the moon. They do not deliver. Their customer service is deplorable. All they can do is make excuses as to why their service is so crappy. Talk about funny after reading the complaints and it seeming like the same person writing all of them, read the compliments and then tell me that they're not written by the same person. I can probably even tell you who wrote them. These people are ready for legal battles too so if you go at them, go loaded, because they will fight. Stay away from Singles Plus anywhere
—Guest Jim

what a scam

I am a 40 year old woman who joined the relationship company 5 months ago. When I joined the person who interviewed me was named Alyssa. She assured me she had several men in her club at that time that she wanted to introduce me to. Well that was 6 months ago...and I have only met one match so far. The one match I had told me the same thing. He had not received matches in 4 months! I feel like I was scammed. When you call the service they do not return your calls. Alyssa is unreachable by phone or email. She claims she does not have a number she can be reached at. I wish I had better investigated this company before I paid $2400.00 for basically NOTHING! Alyssa should be ashamed of herself. She is basically stealing people's hard-earned money preying on people's loneliness. I hope the person reading this is wiser than I was about this type of thing.

—tada12

Unprofessional

Dont waste your money, I was set up on a date with someone that was a racist. Seriously, actually said some racist things about the President.

—Guest Hans

Take your money and run!

The Relationship Company out of Trumbull, CT. is run by a woman named Elissa Gouge. My experience has been that she does not return phone calls and has not provided the service she described. Be very careful. Do not sign a contract and do not give her your money! Ask for references. Ask for specifics such as how many "qualified" candidates are in your area. I am working with an attorney and will be filing suit against this company, both in small claims court and with the Better Business Bureau.

—Guest Cathy

complaints seem fishy

I read the complaints and the funny thing is that they seem to be written by one person . If you study how people phrase thing s when they write you can tell it's the same person wit an axe to grind. I asked them if they charge that much. they told me no. I joined spent the money and am thrilled. too bad people are so vindictive. I think the problem is people expect to meet a movie star or something because they pay to meet someone. My 3rd into was awesome great down to earth country girl. Fell in love and hope to marry her.

—Guest brian

The Relationship Co in SC is a total lie

I had the same experience as many others on this site..Paid $2300 and never received even ONE introduction even though they claim to have TONS of men who met my specifications! My first years is up and I plan to contact the Small Claims Court tomorrow to see what can be done!! THIS should NOT be allowed to continue!
—Mevans34

I checked them with bbb

I did check with the local bbb and they did not have any complaints against therelationshipcompany. I have tried for over a year to get in touch with someone with this company. No phone call, emails or letters have be answered or returned. They do not do what they promise, and ignore all attempts to contact them. Even a registered letter comes back, although on line the company address is there. I am a middle age woman, but was assured that there were men looking for a woman my age, and not just arm candy. They will tell you anything to get your money and then just stop all contact with you. Introductions? What is that, they now want you to even pay to have to contact another person on line. If there is a class action against them sign me up!

—Guest Charlotte NC

Dating About.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Relationship counseling   Relationship counseling Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Relationship counseling
Page 1 of 1